Hi all - another new joiner!

Zippy

Aug 5, 2019
Wiltshire
Big hello from Wiltshire. Waiting delivery of my Merida eOne-Twenty - should be here on Friday.

Like a few here, motivated by a knackered knee and want to try to enjoy riding again whilst putting off the new knee as long as possible. Test ride on Saturday had me grinning like a fool and feeling like I was 20 years younger! What’s not to like?

Catch you all soon.

Vikingskull69

Aug 3, 2019
Whitby
Big hello from Wiltshire. Waiting delivery of my Merida eOne-Twenty - should be here on Friday.

Like a few here, motivated by a knackered knee and want to try to enjoy riding again whilst putting off the new knee as long as possible. Test ride on Saturday had me grinning like a fool and feeling like I was 20 years younger! What’s not to like?

Catch you all soon.
Your gonna love that bike it's amazing, boost mode is crazy and fun, a little too eager on the roads though so be careful using it

Nice one!

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
well that confused me, why would my hello post would still be near the top..ohhh..Heh, welcome and get ready to have a great time on your new bike! (just bought my second e-bike)

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland

Catch you all soon.
Agree I vagely remember when I could cycle as easily as I can on the ebike 20 years and 2 stone ago . And yes that daft grin enjoy

Martin5769

Aug 8, 2019
Germany
Hi to all from South-Germany,

bought my first e-bike November 2018 a Cube Reaction Hybrid EXC!
Till last Summer i ride a "bio-bike" (mtb without motor :))
Now i´ve orderd the new Elite Hybrid SL 625 (not allowed to post pics, sorry) with newman wheels, xt 8020 brake and 12er XT
Longest Ride on my "old" Cube 102 km

Greets Martin

Zippy

Aug 5, 2019
Wiltshire
Hello Martin. You are an old hand now!

Bike has just arrived - unpacked and sat in the hallway looking big! I now need to do a little work before I am allowed to play :( Hope the forecasted storms hold off... got some tweaking to do...

Vikingskull69

Aug 3, 2019
Whitby
Hello Martin. You are an old hand now!

Bike has just arrived - unpacked and sat in the hallway looking big! I now need to do a little work before I am allowed to play :( Hope the forecasted storms hold off... got some tweaking to do...

Yeah we've been hit here in whitby, really wanna get out later as found a brilliant trail close our village.

Enjoy building that bike

Zippy

Aug 5, 2019
Wiltshire
Hi ....what did you get ? ?
A Merida eOne-Twenty 900E. Didn't set out to go for Di2 but the deal was too good to turn down and there seemed to be no 900 models (mechanical XT) left in stock. Originally planned to get the 800 model which is where the E8000 motor starts in the range, but the small difference in price was well worth it for all the other upgrades.

First ride on Sunday, and I have now discovered the guilt feeling. Boost mode, up a steep track, overtook a guy near the top who was working hard and sweating like a mad man, whilst I was smiling at everyone and sat back casually spinning away. Still,there's no guilt in having fun, right?

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
A Merida eOne-Twenty 900E. Didn't set out to go for Di2 but the deal was too good to turn down and there seemed to be no 900 models (mechanical XT) left in stock. Originally planned to get the 800 model which is where the E8000 motor starts in the range, but the small difference in price was well worth it for all the other upgrades.

First ride on Sunday, and I have now discovered the guilt feeling. Boost mode, up a steep track, overtook a guy near the top who was working hard and sweating like a mad man, whilst I was smiling at everyone and sat back casually spinning away. Still,there's no guilt in having fun, right?
Nothing wrong with that at all ....in fact I feel very smug and I even put on my “ no effort face “ when I’m climbing a hill ...it’s pretty much the same one as when you really hurt yourself and and you pretend that it’s nothing ?

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire

Catch you all soon.
I’m in Wiltshire too, near Chippenham, just doing a few bridleways. Hows you’re riding going?

Zippy

Aug 5, 2019
Wiltshire
Had a few decent rides now, and apart from tearing a rear tyre on a rock and having to carry the bike home for a mile (my god, it's heavy) I am absolutely loving it. It's that feeling of just being able to choose where I want to go and then riding it, regardless of how steep it is. Takes me back 20 years, it really does. I noticed yesterday that I do need to loosen up when coming back down again, I'm a bit stiff when standing over the bike, and I'm not getting the best out of it by any means. Oh, and my Garmin Touring is almost totally useless! But I'm definitely having fun!

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
Had a few decent rides now, and apart from tearing a rear tyre on a rock and having to carry the bike home for a mile (my god, it's heavy) I am absolutely loving it. It's that feeling of just being able to choose where I want to go and then riding it, regardless of how steep it is. Takes me back 20 years, it really does. I noticed yesterday that I do need to loosen up when coming back down again, I'm a bit stiff when standing over the bike, and I'm not getting the best out of it by any means. Oh, and my Garmin Touring is almost totally useless! But I'm definitely having fun!
Hi ....I’m a new owner too ...it makes you go harder and further ...I did 30 miles over the wk end ....and I’m in my 40’s ....welcome to the club dude .....what bike do you have ?

Nickolp1974

Jul 30, 2019
Louth lincs

Great aren't they, always put a grin on my face and always looking for something steep to ride up! Ouch on the tyre, must of been a long mile!
As for tyres I changed them on my 120 after a few weeks, they were not for me. Certainly didn't have much confidence in the rekon for my trails. Now on 2.6 Michelin e-wilds, very tough tyres with masses of bite and what's even better is I'm getting about another mile per bar of battery, great! Highly recommended.

Zippy

Aug 5, 2019
Wiltshire
Nice bike :)

As for tyres I changed them on my 120 after a few weeks, they were not for me. Certainly didn't have much confidence in the rekon for my trails. Now on 2.6 Michelin e-wilds, very tough tyres with masses of bite and what's even better is I'm getting about another mile per bar of battery, great! Highly recommended.

There's a review on here of tyres and the e-wilds sound really good. I went for a tougher version of the DHR to replace the Rekon, but next time it will probably be e-wild or Eddy Current/Magic Mary combo. Hopefully get a few miles out of the Maxxis pair that I have.

What I really like is that I can now plot a route on a map based on what looks interesting and not worry about whether I can manage the terrain. Saturday's plan all set and ready to go now :)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Like a few here, motivated by a knackered knee and want to try to enjoy riding again whilst putting off the new knee as long as possible. ...............

I bought my emtb because of osteo-arthritis in my knees. Because the bike is helping me not to put so much power through the legs I have found that my knees don't hurt so much in everyday life. It feels like they are getting better! I know they are not, but it still feels good. :)

Zippy

Aug 5, 2019
Wiltshire
I bought my emtb because of osteo-arthritis in my knees. Because the bike is helping me not to put so much power through the legs I have found that my knees don't hurt so much in everyday life. It feels like they are getting better! I know they are not, but it still feels good. :)
Good to hear.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles