Hey guys,it’s still worth to buy 2019 decoy?? On sales now?

Beechung

Oct 20, 2019
Bbjacob125
I was going to get 2020 model,but yt just have offer on 2019 ? Is nothing massive change between both,also motor and battery is same too,so I think batter buy 19 one save my £900 off my pocket for a future use.

Griggze

Sep 3, 2019
Kent
I really what to pull the trigger in a decoy but warranty just worries me with YT but on the other hand the bikes look amazing and are great for the money.....

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
I really what to pull the trigger in a decoy but warranty just worries me with YT but on the other hand the bikes look amazing and are great for the money.....

YT has been awesome with helping me sort out a couple of small things on my new Decoy.

Bent disc from shipping, had a new one in hand in two days.

Problems with software on bike, had a local shop ready to fix it asap.

They will use local shimano shops for warranty if the problem is electrical. Great service so far in my book.

Beechung

Oct 20, 2019
Bbjacob125
YT has been awesome with helping me sort out a couple of small things on my new Decoy.

They will use local shimano shops for warranty if the problem is electrical. Great service so far in my book.
Sound good, are you base in uk?also can you do software update yourself?

Beechung

Oct 20, 2019
Bbjacob125
My decoy on the way to me ???can’t wait to ride it ?

1F440565-E793-4F51-9A8D-D2BFA4E7E178.jpeg

Griggze

Sep 3, 2019
Kent

I'm just worried about the battery side of things how quick where they to get back to you about problems with the bike?

Beechung

Oct 20, 2019
Bbjacob125
The 2019 are better spec, I really tike the di2 but I guess it’s a personal thing, 11 or 12 speed doesn’t make a big difference on an e bike.
Yeah man, this why I think too, e bike even 10 speed still very nice to ride?,you don’t feel what gear your in, just smile all day

Hugh-Jazz

Jan 15, 2020
San Marcos, CA
In the U.S. the 2020 base 29er is cheaper than the 2019 model in the outlet store and has pretty much the same build kit. The 2020 29er has a longer reach which I would like.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Hi everybody do you Guys things still worth it to get 2019model decoy??? Quite interesting for the price £900 off.help give me some advice please?
I suppose it depends on which model, the Pro-Race is still the one to have in my opinion, remember that it's a mullet bike whereas the 2020 is 29 only, you may also notice that the 2019 Pro-Race has full Fox Factory suspension and seat post, Di2 shifting, E-thirteen Carbon Wheelset etc, the 2020 version has none of the aforementioned so I suppose it comes down to wheel size and component preference.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Honestly wouldn't ever want Di2 on any mtb
Or Fox suspension
Or a Fox dropper
And definitely not an E13 carbon wheelset

Why?

Because IME they're all either a PITA to service needing specific tools, super expensive to service/replace parts or in the case of the E13 wheelset, just weak badly designed junk.

A Base RS model would be my choice and possibly fit a charger damper in the fork (Doesn't really need it TBH)
ie. Exactly the same performance without the hassle/cost

Last edited:

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
I think the 2019 model is better spec than the 2020, you get the shimano di gearing and I think the chain stays on the 2020 are aluminium not carbon.

2019 cf pro and cf race had carbon stays and the base had alum stays. same with the 2020 models. the pro race has carbon stays and the base has alum stays.

Chuck629

Jan 27, 2020
Canada
I suppose it depends on which model, the Pro-Race is still the one to have in my opinion, remember that it's a mullet bike whereas the 2020 is 29 only, you may also notice that the 2019 Pro-Race has full Fox Factory suspension and seat post, Di2 shifting, E-thirteen Carbon Wheelset etc, the 2020 version has none of the aforementioned so I suppose it comes down to wheel size and component preference.
Don't get confuse, 2020 models have 2 mullet bike (170/165mm) and 2 new 29 only models (150/145mm).
I personnaly bought the 2019 CF Pro when it drop price in November. The suspension is the same as the pro race (grip2 and dpx2), minus the kashima coating, a reliable sdg dropper post and ditch the di2 and carbon wheels. I did consider a base model with a charger 2.1 upgrade in the yari too, but wanted a better rear shock too and the cf pro had it all.

nativeracer

Aug 24, 2019
California
I do agree that the best value for your money is the CF pro. But, you do get one of the best rear shocks imo without having to go coil on the Pro Race. The Fox X2, plus you get Code RSC brakes, carbon rims with a lifetime warranty, and a fox transfer dropper with the CF Pro Race. I know the brakes are basically the same. But, I can’t go back to standard codes after having the RSC‘S on my enduro bike. The ability to adjust and even out the feel of the front and rear brakes is a must have for me. Especially, once you start to wear down the pads. i know for some of my buddies, they could care less ?

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
I thought they would have the 700wh battery by now? Is the 2020 cf pro with fit4 fork an not grip 2. Have a Levo 2019 pimped up and looking at the 2020 Kenevo expert, but they seem to be out of stock so I’m thinking about the Decoy. Any insights would be appreciated.

Fatbap

Feb 15, 2020
Rhondda south wales
The decoy is great but the box packaging is horrible this is how mine turned up but yt has been great in sorting the problems out bent rear disc an damaged front end cap.
IMG_2780.jpg
IMG_2777.jpg
IMG_2776.jpg
IMG_2775.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles