Hey guys in the next few weeks my new emtb should arrive! Trek Rail 9.7 grey and black.

EMTB Rider

Dec 14, 2019
Scottsdale Arizona USA
Any body riding the Rail, any upgrades?

rail.jpg

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Untill you get used to it, trainer wheels and a high visibility flag, so hunters see you coming and can aim better.
Maybe a coffee machine, I see it doesn't come with a stereo or air conditioning. Maybe for this time of year a heated seat-- (Or sheepskin seat cover).
But seriously, nice looking bike.
Make sure you have good pedals and shoes, and as Joe said, tubeless is a good upgrade.

EMTB Rider

Dec 14, 2019
Scottsdale Arizona USA
Untill you get used to it, trainer wheels and a high visibility flag, so hunters see you coming and can aim better.
Maybe a coffee machine, I see it doesn't come with a stereo or air conditioning. Maybe for this time of year a heated seat-- (Or sheepskin seat cover).
But seriously, nice looking bike.
Make sure you have good pedals and shoes, and as Joe said, tubeless is a good upgrade.
Brahahahaha

Good Times

Nov 8, 2019
Sydney Australia
Nice. Just gearing up for my Rail 7. I’m upgrading to full XT groupset, tubeless plus cushcore, saddle, oury grips, and depending on the fork feel may do the RCT3 damper upgrade or try the Push coil conversion.

Good Times

Nov 8, 2019
Sydney Australia
I would check your tyres. Even take the wheel off and shake it. Almost every new (decent) bike comes tubeless ready with rim strips pre-installed, but they fit tubes as they usually don't ship with liquid latex in the tyres. It's just a matter of removing the tubes, replacing the valve stems with the supplied tubeless versions, adding latex then re-inflating. But I'd be surprised if they're already done unless the bike shop inadvertently did this for you.

Just an FYI, wouldn't want you to get caught!

Cliffo691

Nov 20, 2019
United Kingdom
I would check your tyres. Even take the wheel off and shake it. Almost every new (decent) bike comes tubeless ready with rim strips pre-installed, but they fit tubes as they usually don't ship with liquid latex in the tyres. It's just a matter of removing the tubes, replacing the valve stems with the supplied tubeless versions, adding latex then re-inflating. But I'd be surprised if they're already done unless the bike shop inadvertently did this for you.

Just an FYI, wouldn't want you to get caught!
Hmmm ok I'll check them and report back...

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
You never got the tubes when collecting the bike? Would be an indication of LBS actually pulling out the tubes for you.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles