Hey, from an old Aussie

ebikerdiary

Jan 14, 2019
Sydney
So much great info on these forums; glad to join in. Now that I'm retired I indulge my passion for ebike touring. I rode over 8,000kms last year, most of it on a Merida eOne Sixty 800. It is set up for long distance rides, with 3" fatties, a super-gel saddle, and a Thudbuster which further softens an already great full suspension bike. I post rides on my ebikerdiary.com site so other senior Aussie riders can share the joy. I have some questions about a noise that has sprung up so I'll post on the Merida forum if anyone here has advice to offer.
Merida 600px copy.jpg

ebikerdiary

Jan 14, 2019
Sydney
Welcome to the forums, good to see yet another new Aussie.
Will be interested to see your long distance adventures.
I see you are on the Central Coast Rob; I'm near Manly. I went over your way by ferry yesterday and rode Ettalong to Gosford and back. Lovely ride; will post it soon.

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
I see you are on the Central Coast Rob; I'm near Manly. I went over your way by ferry yesterday and rode Ettalong to Gosford and back. Lovely ride; will post it soon.
Small world, years ago I lived and played in Manly, Fairlight, Dee Why, Allambie Heights then moved to the Central Coast around Ettalong, Umina and then since moved a little further north.
Lots of nice cycle-ways along the water now.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Welcome, I'm in the process of setting up my e-big nine as a touring bike. Have you done any multi-day rides. I'm working out charging and battery management issues as I'd like to do some 5-7 day trips.

Gordon

ebikerdiary

Jan 14, 2019
Sydney
Welcome, I'm in the process of setting up my e-big nine as a touring bike. Have you done any multi-day rides. I'm working out charging and battery management issues as I'd like to do some 5-7 day trips.

Gordon
Hey Gordon: I did the Otago Rail Trail in NZ over three days on an ebike; could have done it in two but the views are magnificent and I wanted to go slow. I bought a second battery which fits into my larger cargo bag. Its proven handy on a couple of 70kms + rides. I plan to do the Great Vic Rail Trail in the cooler months.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles