Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
20180415_152441.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Excellent. Mine is arriving this week. Wanted the Tuned but out of stock with Scott so my local shop could not get one. Let us know what you think of it.

PeterW

Mar 12, 2018
Sweden
Congrat! I have a 2018 720 since a couple of month. You see it under the "show your Scott". It works fine. I couldn't afford the 710 but thats the one I wanted to go for. (tuned too expensive). I upgraded the fork though. Really fun!!! /P

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Excellent. Mine is arriving this week. Wanted the Tuned but out of stock with Scott so my local shop could not get one. Let us know what you think of it.
Sorry for the late reply. I'm guessing you're riding yours at this stage? How you finding it?

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Congrat! I have a 2018 720 since a couple of month. You see it under the "show your Scott". It works fine. I couldn't afford the 710 but thats the one I wanted to go for. (tuned too expensive). I upgraded the fork though. Really fun!!! /P
This is amazing to ride and I'm sure the 720 is also. How'd you get the cork upgraded with the lock outs? Really want the fox 36. I'd love to change the cranks for shorter ones also.

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Ooooh nice.

Was so close to going for one of these. How you finding it?
Love it. Had a lappiere am 800 before this. This bike is so much more agile than the lappiere was. I would change the cranks for shorter ones and would love a fox 36 fork too. The Shimano motor is also a lot more natural feeling than the bosch to me As well. What you on?

revord

Jun 6, 2018
Wales
I've had mine for 3 weeks now, great bike. I was between sizes, small and medium, so opted for the small which comes with 170 cranks. 175 cracks are just to long for me not sure why they use them on ebikes

Dave

Jul 20, 2018
Rugby
I’m hopefully testing a Scott 710 tomorrow... really like the look of the scott e genius range

Dave

Jul 20, 2018
Rugby
Mine is for sale in the for sale section here if you fancy a bargain!
Already seen it .. Looks spot on but I will need a warranty as I'm a novice rider and will defo fall and damage the bike ... not sure what is covered by warranty though to be honest

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Already seen it .. Looks spot on but I will need a warranty as I'm a novice rider and will defo fall and damage the bike ... not sure what is covered by warranty though to be honest
Damage isn’t usually covered by warranty, usually only manufacturing defects are ?

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
I’m hopefully testing a Scott 710 tomorrow... really like the look of the scott e genius range
You won't be disappointed. This thing is amazing. I changed the cranks with 150mm ones. Thought I'd made a mistake when I was testing on the driveway but out on the trail it's fantastic. Enjoy your new bike and show is some pics. Oh I also upgraded the front brake for a saint. The xt is fine but I wanted a bit more stopping power up front.

Welshrobinireland

Patreon
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
I couldn't believe the difference it made. Surely somebody testing these bikes realises that pedal slap is a problem and it can't just be bad technique. I'd love to try more bikes but unfortunately there's no bike shop currently here in Ireland with any real sort of e bike stock. Have my eye on the new haibike, lappiere or pivot for next year. Enjoy the rocky mountain.

Sophie777

Jul 3, 2018
Canada

Damage isn’t usually covered by warranty, usually only manufacturing defects are ?

If purchasing a new bike with a credit card, some credit cards will cover any damage (even damage resulting from a crash), for the first 90 days after purchase.

Dave

Jul 20, 2018
Rugby
If purchasing a new bike with a credit card, some credit cards will cover any damage (even damage resulting from a crash), for the first 90 days after purchase.
That's good to know ... definatly worth paying on credit card for the piece of mind ... I am a novice but I am a brave novice ha ha ... bring on the big slopes :rolleyes:

Sophie777

Jul 3, 2018
Canada
That's good to know ... definatly worth paying on credit card for the piece of mind ...
Not all cards - you need to call your credit card company to confirm whether or not your card offers that protection.

Last edited:

Dave

Jul 20, 2018
Rugby
Not all cards - you need to call your credit card company to confirm whether your not your card offers that protection.
I don't actually have a card at the min .. and wasn't going to pay using one but that is a game changer for me ... thanks for bringing that to my attention

Sophie777

Jul 3, 2018
Canada
I don't actually have a card at the min .. and wasn't going to pay using one but that is a game changer for me ... thanks for bringing that to my attention
No worries!
Suggest getting a free card that offers the 90-day protection.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles