Article Here is the new 2020 Bosch motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
The most likely answer is commercial. Remember Bosch were the market leader by a long way a few years ago, but have since been surpassed by new motors from the likes of Brose, Shimano and (a bit more debatable) Yamaha. I guess they want to get back to the top of the tree (and be perceived to be the best by potential buyers), so I am sure they have been very aggressive in the way they have priced their motors for the 2020 models from key brands like Whyte, Cube, Focus etc.

Exactly that! Shimano have been cleaning up so they will be ultra aggressive in reclaiming that market share. We’ve already seen Shimano will allow bigger batteries. It’s all about the moneys.

Frankly, if they had not prepped a load of manufacturers to go with them at launch it would have been a big oversight.

Last edited:

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
The oversight on the displays is bizarre. Surely one of their focus (Focus?! ;)) groups would have told them that mountain bikers want something small and resilient that hides under the bars? Why they did not just copy the position of the Steps controller is beyond me, it’s pretty clearly the best spot for the display. Open goal missed!

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
The Propane and Whyte look like the most interesting aggressive/enduro bikes coming to market, but that Bosh display on a long travel jump/enduro bike is so stupid...

I think the problem with the eBike market is the amount of unnecessary hype. Sure the motors and battery are key components, but after riding a few, it’s the standard MTB stuff (geometry, spec and value) that tend to make the best bikes. My thoughts anyway.

DEADHEAD

Jun 12, 2019
UK
It would have been nice to see an updated display, we may yet see the Kiox built into some stems or crossbar? The new 6A faster charger can charge that 625wh battery from 0-100% in just 3.7hrs. Funny how no one has mentioned that.

Growler

Oct 2, 2018
Chch, NZ
All the Trek and Giant 2019 emtbs are on firesale End of Line in NZ, hopefully that's a good indication of new models due to hit in the very near future.

H

HomerJS

"All the Trek and Giant 2019 emtbs are on firesale End of Line in NZ"

Not really, in fact it appears T7 have INCREASED the Trek FS7 prices! What gives I wonder? In fact why would I buy a Trek ebike at the moment until they've released the latest Bosch 2020 motor as part of the bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles