Article Here is the new 2020 Bosch motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums News

GOAT
Author
May 27, 2019
After a long wait and many rumours, here is the new 2020 motor from Bosch.

2.9KG (down from 4KG in the old Performance CX line)Regular chainring (no small sprocket like the outgoing model)New chassisAlmost all resistance removed after motor cut offAll new 600Wh power tube battery

bosch2020-battery-1024x768.jpg
`The new 600Wh PowerTube internal battery

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
After a long wait and many rumours, here is the new 2020 motor from Bosch.

2.9KG (down from 4KG in the old Performance CX line)Regular chainring (no small sprocket like the outgoing model)New chassisAlmost all resistance removed after motor cut offAll new 600Wh power tube battery

bosch2020-battery-1024x768.jpg
`The new 600Wh PowerTube internal battery

Spotted first on the French website Le Marché Du Vélo there area also some rumours that Bosch have developed a Bluetooth suspension integration, allowing the rider to change all of the suspension settings via the Bosch Nyon display.

We’re sure that more will be coming soon so stay tuned for all the news as we get it.

Continue reading...

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Looks good in the main, though I still can’t understand why no other manufacturer has copied the position of the Shimano display - displays on top of the bars or stem are far more vulnerable.

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Not sure why that poster believes there will be a big delay; it’s clear this system will be in all the new 2020 Bosch powered bikes this autumn (Whyte, Cube etc)
Think they are aware that by the time these bikes are actually available to buy, it will be next year.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Think they are aware that by the time these bikes are actually available to buy, it will be next year.
A decent proportion of new 2020 bikes will be available this Autumn, same as every year. My dealer told me the Whytes will be amongst those.

Last edited:

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
I’m sure it will be great, but personally I prefer less tech in the cockpit, that display is too intrusive for my personal taste - hopefully there will be other options.

Electronically adjustable suspension will be interesting. It’s not really been a game changer in the motorcycle world, it solved a problem that was never really there, while significantly increased prices. I prefer the set and forget approach, but I’m sure there will be plenty of people wanting it - those high end ebikes are going to be a similar cost a high end motorbike soon!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
That display is the current Kiox model - not a new one, what the article says is that it will be a similar display

S

Scott W Henderson

Smaller eh, might be hard to get a Speedbox2 stuffed in there.

S

Steve H

Interesting development. Not interested in adjusting suspension on the fly, but with no motor drag, it will make a big difference, I think? Certainly to me as I can't seem to get above 32KPH on the flat, with the current motor drag!!

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
It will be interesting to see what Shimano comes up with - Brose is pretty much the pinnacle at the moment I think, the older Bosch CX I have ridden in comparison seemed out of the Ark.

What they all have to create I think is a user serviceable/interchangeable 'BB' unit as we have had on regular bikes for ever and a day.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
What we all have to remember is that it’s not just the motor, but the software that controls it that is important. The Brose May be the most powerful motor at the moment, but it’s the Specialized software that gives it the riding “sensation”. Same with Giant and the Yamaha motor they use. If you ride a Fantic the Brose feels quite different.

Bosch has been able to stick with the current motor for so long because their software is so good.

The software creates the natural pedal feeling we all want.

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
odd how there is no picture of the wire connections, i suspect that the main power/speed sensor/ Controller + 2 light sockets will be different.

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
odd how there is no picture of the wire connections, i suspect that the main power/speed sensor/ Controller + 2 light sockets will be different.

I think it's a bit silly not keeping the mounts and plugs the same, ok plugs are easily changed but the amount of lost sales if it was a bolt in upgrade would be in the millions.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
By switching to a normal chain ring there is no way to make it retro compatible, its a whole new design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles