Here is the inside of the focus jam2 battery , may be of interest to some people. Some corrosion starting in the last picture.

Largoroom

Mar 13, 2020
Port Orchard, WA 98366
I am having the same issue trying to find a replacement for my failed battery. (Bike won't charge or turn on.) I have to say that I got a quick response from Focus. Here it is.

Response for customers:
We have the JAM2 376Wh battery in stock in North America. You can purchase a Jam2 battery through a Gazelle retailer. The battery is $799 MSRP. If you would like to purchase a Jam2 battery, please contact your closest Gazelle dealer and ask them to contact Gazelle to order a replacement.
To find a Gazelle dealer near you: https://www.gazellebikes.com/en-us/bike-store

knuterikb

Dec 6, 2022
Norway
Is there any way to hot rod this battery, can you swap out cells to get longer life, or could you wire in extra cells outside the case?
It should at least be possible to swap in the new Panasonic 4050maH batteries, increasing the battery capacity with 15.7% up to 437 Wh from 378 Wh

merlot

Apr 27, 2021
ES
Hello
Very useful information now that my 378Wh Jam2 battery has stopped working

My first problem is to take out the battery. I have all motor and its cables out, and the battery it's moving out, but just up some point. I can't see what stops it for moving more, and I don't know how to push or pull it. Any suggestion?

And then, anyone has rebuild it?

Thanks

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
It should just slide out but it can get caught on some sort of lip inside the down tube, which it sounds like yours has done.
Try tilting the bike until the down tube is vertical and use gravity to help. The power cables should be attached firmly enough to be used as a grip.
Seems to be quite a few of these batteries failing now and most people, me included, buy a new one.

merlot

Apr 27, 2021
ES
It seems like this, that some kind of lip is blocking the battery. And pulling from the cables just got out the connector. I'm thinking about unscrew base connector to see if it can be took apart and I can pull from that hole.

I can buy a new battery, if still available, but I'm not very confident about it if it can stop working so often. Mine wasn't used much, since I almost always use an external one. In fact to protect the inner one, more difficult to remove and repair.

I'll keep trying to get out. Thanks

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
I don't know what you mean by 'base connector'. Once the motor is removed the battery just slides out, nothing else needs dismantling. I hang my Jam2 from the garage roof by the handlebars, this means the down tube is pretty much vertical and all you have to do is wriggle the battery with the connector plug in place to use as a handle and it will come out with the aid of gravity.
I don't think the internal battery gets knackered through usage, mine had only dropped its range by one mile when it packed in, it's the pcb board that just seems to give up the ghost quite easily.
If your battery still won't come out, there is something not right.

merlot

Apr 27, 2021
ES
I don't know what you mean by 'base connector'. Once the motor is removed the battery just slides out, nothing else needs dismantling. I hang my Jam2 from the garage roof by the handlebars, this means the down tube is pretty much vertical and all you have to do is wriggle the battery with the connector plug in place to use as a handle and it will come out with the aid of gravity.
I don't think the internal battery gets knackered through usage, mine had only dropped its range by one mile when it packed in, it's the pcb board that just seems to give up the ghost quite easily.
If your battery still won't come out, there is something not right.
I mean this connector

img_5022-jpg.47357

I pulled, not to hard, the cables and this connector got disconnected from the battery pack. It's a kind of plug.

I will hand the bike to put more vertical the tube.

Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles