• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Help with summer flat shoe that are cool

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
Hi I wondered if any one can recommend a shoe for flat pedals that is cool for summer riding. I don’t care if not waterproof as I have five ten gortex boots which use through winter and if raining. I just want the coolest shoes can get as weather is better. So many different types bit of a mind field do you got cloth or leather ?

would prefer five tens but open to options
Thanks you

Jirkovo

Dec 8, 2018
Olomouc Moravia Czech republik
20211229_162228.jpg

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
would prefer five tens but open to options

Around here, it rarely gets so cold that you need to worry about warm shoes. Cooler is better. I have two pair that I use regularly. The Five Ten Trailcross LT's are what I ride most. They're light, airy, and super comfortable. You might be tempted to wear them for purposes other than riding. The Stealth rubber is super grippy. The only downside for mine is in the middle of the sole, at the arch, the rubber is delaminated from the last. It got that way soon after I got the shoes, but I've had them almost a year and the shoes are still usable.

The other pair of shoes is the Shimano GR903. They're a little bit better-made shoe than the Five 10's and offer a bit better toe protection. The Ultread rubber is good. It's not as grippy as Stealth, but it wears better. The one feature that I really like about these shoes is the elastic "gaiter" that goes around the ankle andseals the shoe against pebbles and sand. As nice as this feature is, it makes the shoes a little warmer.

Summary:
Shimano GR903 if you want a more durable and protective shoe.

Five Ten Trailcross LT if you need to maximize cooling.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
the free rider pro is not cool at all. The free riders are much cooler than the pros. Jirkovo probably posted the coolest - I looked: Five Ten TrailCross LT Review

+1

the pro has got a plastic upper construction, so it doesn't breath as well as the regular. It is quite good at keeping your feet dry in the rain, but I wouldn't choose the pro as a warm weather shoe.

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
Around here, it rarely gets so cold that you need to worry about warm shoes. Cooler is better. I have two pair that I use regularly. The Five Ten Trailcross LT's are what I ride most. They're light, airy, and super comfortable. You might be tempted to wear them for purposes other than riding. The Stealth rubber is super grippy. The only downside for mine is in the middle of the sole, at the arch, the rubber is delaminated from the last. It got that way soon after I got the shoes, but I've had them almost a year and the shoes are still usable.

The other pair of shoes is the Shimano GR903. They're a little bit better-made shoe than the Five 10's and offer a bit better toe protection. The Ultread rubber is good. It's not as grippy as Stealth, but it wears better. The one feature that I really like about these shoes is the elastic "gaiter" that goes around the ankle andseals the shoe against pebbles and sand. As nice as this feature is, it makes the shoes a little warmer.

Summary:
Shimano GR903 if you want a more durable and protective shoe.

Five Ten Trailcross LT if you need to maximize cooling.

If they are good enough for the heat in Cali then will be fine for UK 👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles