Help me decide - Giant Trance X E+ and Orbea Wild

AKRider

Feb 27, 2021
USA
Limited availability leaves me with a choice of a 2021 Giant Trance X e+ or the Orbea Wild if I want to eMTB this summer, but I would have to order them sight-unseen.

Knee issues are my primarily motivation and I've MTBed all my life and am coming from a 10 year-old old carbon 26er.

Most of my local trails can be wet/muddy and are really more x-country-ish, but I prefer an enduro style bike. Usually in between a medium and a large.

Any perspective on either of these bikes would be helpful. A little worried about the Trance's long chainstay and potential problems in a wet climate.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
I do not know the Orbea. The Trance is a great climber and very reliable
No problem with water, just get tyres for your conditions.

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
I've got a 2019 trance no issues works great but also I've had orbeas in the past and the build quality is brilliant and spec level Bosch has a bit more power but nowt in it orbea will be a tiny but lighter giant will climb better pic the prettiest colour lol that's what I did ?

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
In a back to back of the trance and a cannondale moterra..(.Bosch) the yamaha motor is better and way more efficient. Orbea has a battery extender which is nice, so does the trance though.... No real experience with the orbea so only looking at what I know about the motors and software.

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Tbh that's the opposite I've found most my riding mates are Bosch on cubes and they seem to go very well after the update and they have a 625 battery ?

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
My mate owns a Giant i own an Orbea
So the Orbea is best LOL

To be serious thou you will not go wrong with either
I can get more miles out of mine and always finish the same rides with more battery left but that is probably a fitness thing not a bike thing .
Climbing theres nothing in it only the yamaha is noisier riding both bikes back to back that is
I find the bosch a bit smoother too but again we all have a different take on things .
Build wise i genuinely would say the orbea is a better bike, frame finish is flawless and build is top notch and this is my 6th emtb and the best to date and not just because its the latest
You will enjoy whatever you decide on thou im sure .
Can you please mention the retail price of each?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles