Help from fellow Cube owner would be great

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
Hi All

I bought a Cube Stereo 625 Sport 2020 model from Evan in Guildford on Monday.

let me drive it around the shop which is not the best idea, but gave me an idea. I wanted to drive up steep hill nearby and said pay for it and if you don’t like it then bring it back and we will refund the money.

Had a quick go and seemed pretty good so went back and they adjusted fee things and I noticed on the ride that seat was loose.

They said that the seat clamp was faulty and wound get a new one under warranty and put one on from another cube.which looks strange but seat works and we will put right one back when have service. I thought no big deal at least I can take bike now

This is where things start to go wrong and I would be interested, to hear your thoughts on this

Gives me the charger and it is a 2 pin European type.When I saw this I thought how am I going to charge with that and salesman said just by a converter of Amazon. By this time I have been there for hours and very late to a family gathering and just went.

So I open the cube bag which says manuals on it .I thought I will read up on the bike to see how all works but a tiny Manuel about quick release hubs which bike does not even have. So I call back and leave a message saying I need the manuals as my first Electric bike and have no idea how it all works. Get told we sort them out and come back Sunday.
Next day I look around the bike and try to work out how to take battery out looks like I need a key no key supplied. So I called again salesman not there so leave a message no call back

Tried calling all morning and no answer . I try to get head office details no number just have to fill out online form I am getting more angry by the minute. So out of desperation call another branch a person was quite helpful and some how managed. To get me through to Guildford branch spoke to a guy and he said all chargers come like this for electric bike but will look into it

Get a call back and says that yes I have to buy an adapter to make it work in mean time do a google search and it is illegal to sell these unless for shaver or toothbrush in uk still sticking by story this is how it is and don’t get Manuals any more as all online so why give me a bag with manual written on it

bring the bike in on Sunday and they will go through all the keys to try and find the one that fits. I ask to get call back from the manager which says he will do and nothing all day.

I also find out that there is an update to make motor power up from 75 to 85 and have not done that either.

I am totally p**sed off by now

I will attach picture of what I got and if anyone else who has a cube could tell me if anything else is missing that would be awesome
Thank you and sorry my first post is a rant

97BEC6C1-FC25-4310-84F9-9681BD5356BA.jpeg

68BFFE49-770F-4EF5-85E1-7B3F4B984F34.jpeg

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
Should definitely have had the key. You need it if you want to take the battery out i.e to charge off the bike.
Should also have had instruction on how to remove and re-fit the battery especially as it a 'bricks and mortar' shop.

I have a similar Cube bike (2020 160 Action Team) and I got the following manuals in the same Cube bag
Bosch Kiox
Cube General operating Instructions pedelec
Battery Supplement (battery fitting and removal)

Fox Shock owners guide (yours would be Rockshox instead)
Fox fork Owners guide (yours would be Rockshox instead)
Fox Transfer seatpost owners guide (Not sure if you'd get one for the Cube one fitted to yours)

I would have thought that the first 3 were definitely included, the others maybe not.

The cable for the charger should be a 3 pin UK but this is not fixed, so if you have another cable with a 3pin on one end and a figure 8 type on the other it will work

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
Another note on the key, you should get 2, along with a card attached with the keys' serial number if ever you need to order replacements

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
Mr Peaski

Thank you so much for the in depth information as will give me much more coincidence in my cause of getting all the bits that should have come with the bike

leix_toffee

Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
I bought mine an bike24 and got the same manual as mrpeaksi but no Fox ones (just got them online). 2 keys come as standard. It comes standard as 2 pin as it’s a German brand, just swap the cable with a UK one (super cheap). I would be fairly annoyed about the keys as you will need to take the battery out to charge indoors (especially in Winter due to the low temp outside and Bosch limits on temps for batteries). The manuals are all on Cube Website, I keep PDF’s on my Laptop as I lose the paper ones.

Oldcreaky

Feb 8, 2019
Bristol
I am on my second Cube Ebike and with both purchases i received all manuals as previously stated as well as the correct uk charger lead.and two keys with key number card. I may be wrong but i believe it is mandatory to supply a uk lead for any electrical purchase as i say i could be mistaken.
Do not be put off Cube ebikes by crap service from your bike shop. I have found both bikes to be reliable and usually good value for the spec. Not as Showbiz as some brands but give very good service and the first hardtail had done 2,450 miles when sold current bike has now done 3,400 miles with only consumable parts replaced. One problem just recently was error code 503 speed sensor, turned out to be the connector plug had come adrift why it should happen after 3,000 miles plus is a mystery, fixed by myself as out of warranty by a few weeks.
Keep on at Evans to get things sorted and go out and enjoy. Make yourself difficult until tou are satisfied. But do not burn your bridges in case you need warranty work.
I like you was as green as grass when i brought my first bike after suffering a stroke and returning to cycling after nearly fifty years but started to pick things up as i went along.
Shout out to my lbs Certini Cycles Bristol (T.A Spesh Concept store) always had good service and advice from them as well as warranty work .

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
Well went to shop today could not find keys so they did an exchange and gave me an amazing off on any bike I wanted that they have in stock

offered me

Specialized Turbo Levo SL Comp Alloy 2020 Electric Mountain Bike

2021 Cannondale Moterra Neo Carbon 3+ E-Bike

I went with the Cannondale as had bigger battery and Bosch motor I hope I made the right choice ?

Oldcreaky

Feb 8, 2019
Bristol
Did you get the correct lead with the Moterra and all the manuals you would expect. Glad you went with the Cannondale otherwise you would be back at the shop more than riding if all the reports about the reliability of the Spesh are to be believed although the sl may be better, also the Moterra is probably a better spec than the Levo.
Ride and enjoy.

NoPro

Aug 2, 2019
Austria
The Levo SL is not for everyone (certainly not for me) I think you made the right choice.

Since the Cube was a showroom bike my guess is they mixed up the keys and gave them to some other poor fella who has not removed the battery yet.

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
Old Creaky
Thanks for the fast reply I feel like a fish out of water with these bikes, and it is a hell or a lot of money going to miss the kiox as comes with the more basic version

I have been assured that bike is in box so everything will be present and correct have to wait a week as in the warehouse.

Oldcreaky

Feb 8, 2019
Bristol
The purion is ok ,gives all the basic info. Both my bikes have had this display and i have never felt i was missing out on anything and both have survived all my offs. To be honest all i might have liked is a clock only because i have not had a watch for a long time bur that's just me.
Check out the Bosch site gives a lot of info about displays including how to check if your running the latest firmware.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles