Help, Dengfu E10 sizing

Malagni84

Feb 17, 2021
Northampton,uk
i have a Focus jam6.8+ which i love but i purchased it as a "L" in size, feels good most of the time but can some times it feels a little big when on trails.
totally fine as my other half loved mine so much we purchased one for her too which basically means we go out a lot but do no trails, so i thought after seeing videos etc. and the fact that i have lots of good quality spares purchased in the recent years i would like to build a Dengfu e10 with an M600 Bafang motor, but the stated geometry concerns me if i compare the jam 6.8+ geo with the Dengfu it is saying it is the equivalent of a 17" frame which would be medium, do they come up big or do they come up small in comparison please help i do not want to get this wrong.

Capture e10.PNG

Capture jam.PNG

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Have you looked through here ? Sizing comes up several times which might help :

And it's come up in some of the other threads in here :

Malagni84

Feb 17, 2021
Northampton,uk
thank you, and apologies this is my first ever post and first ever forum in general (a bit of a technophobe unfortunately more time spent outdoors which was brilliant as a child but not the best thing for this modern world!)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
thank you, and apologies this is my first ever post and first ever forum in general (a bit of a technophobe unfortunately more time spent outdoors which was brilliant as a child but not the best thing for this modern world!)
Yes, it all feels like a bit of a mine field at first working out where to find information, but you soon get there.

Malagni84

Feb 17, 2021
Northampton,uk
Technophobe tries to build electric bike.

What could go wrong.
? I totally see the irony, technophobe was perhaps the wrong word, it was meant in terms of computers and general IT stuff, a basic bike build with a motor and battery it's not that difficult to a normal bike build with the exception of a power cable, a speed sensor and a display...

Malagni84

Feb 17, 2021
Northampton,uk
Ill be honest. Its a terrible idea.

You are better off buying a base model YT Decoy. At least you get support. You wont get anything from that Chinese stuff. These bikes have problems.

Better still go to a shop and try some because it sounds like you dont know what size is right either.

What are you gaining by buying this stuff from china? the resale value alone will be terrible and cost you more than you save.

Also you might not legally be able to sell it on. Because you are now the manufacturer and liable for injury caused by the bike.
Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the advise, i was hoping it would be a good adventure and having the satisfaction that I have built something myself out of all the parts I have in the garage which is almost an entire bike minus the frame and seat post so for less than 2k I was hoping to have some fun in the garage building it with my younger brother something just buying an off the shelf bike does not offer ( taking the opportunity of more time at home during this would wide pandemic)this would give me joy, satisfaction, use up parts that I may ruin by the time I get to use them and spending quality time with my much younger sibling, hence I'm not looking to sell on. The bike does look very good for the money but I'm still set on the idea of a build ...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
If you want to build a bike buy a frame set from Specialized or another reputable company.

Motors = unreliable
Batteries = unreliable
Bike parts = unreliable
Shipping from china = Unreliable
Returning items to china = near impossible

In 12 months ive known. 3 dead motors, 3 dead dropper posts, 2 faulty group sets. 1 set of faulty brakes, 3 broken spokes 1 buckled wheel, 2 faulty shocks. 2 bent bolts. rattles and creaks which cannot be fixed. 1 faulty chain guide.

You will be spending plenty of quality time with your bro. But it likely that time wont be on the bike.
Did you mean to put this in here or in the conspiracy theory thread ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I thought you were complaining about your Kenevo last week .. Or levo ? Or something ..

Ah look ... new info ... And Decoy's ? I can't remember now .. Didn't they all have bad suspension, rubbish motors, crap batteries.

I think Specialized are great and I love my Kenevo, but everything you've listed can happen with any bike and any brand.

Malagni84

Feb 17, 2021
Northampton,uk
Every person i know that own a newer version of the specialized has had major issues, while the older ones do not
so even if you spend 8k+ to get an overpriced bike you're not guaranteed reliability!!!!
at 2k i can still buy a few frames, motors and batteries before getting to that kinda of money so i am willing to take my chances, and maybe its even better? wonder if that may be the case? nothing ventured nothing gained....

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
For sizing i can only help you when my framset is delivered and assembled ?. It should be deliveed in march - i got the 19" frame evene i normally ride a L. I guess framsizes come smaller then used but it is just a guess. I think Rob or any other user who already have built up their Dengfu could help with this question ?

Malagni84

Feb 17, 2021
Northampton,uk
For sizing i can only help you when my framset is delivered and assembled ?. It should be deliveed in march - i got the 19" frame evene i normally ride a L. I guess framsizes come smaller then used but it is just a guess. I think Rob or any other user who already have built up their Dengfu could help with this question ?
Thank you that would be great and good luck with the build...
I've read that they do come up a bit big on previous posts so will be interesting to see what you say... I'm an annoying height which is between medium and large.

Tony at Dengfu have told me that they can get the frame to me but no motor and battery due to COVID... So I tried a company on eBay called carbon-cycle who advertise the E09 but also do the E10 (they must buy them direct from Dengfu as they are exactly the same and similar in price but only give the option for a 640wh battery ) and they said the same thing

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
I've read that they do come up a bit big on previous posts so will be interesting to see what you say... I'm an annoying height which is between medium and large.

Tony at Dengfu have told me that they can get the frame to me but no motor and battery due to COVID... So I tried a company on eBay called carbon-cycle who advertise the E09 but also do the E10 (they must buy them direct from Dengfu as they are exactly the same and similar in price but only give the option for a 640wh battery ) and they said the same thing
What I know Rob took a framesize 21" and he is normally riding xl. So i would wonder if the come up even bigger as "normal" framesizes. I would not know for what market they are making the framesets if a 21" would then be a xxl and a 17" would not be a M but a L and so on ?‍♂️

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco

I only know that the reach seems to be really really long but maybe this frame needs longer reach.

BootsDave

Feb 5, 2021
Aveyron, France
I would say, the 17" is the same as your bike, only the reach seems to be longer. They seem to be come up big. Apart from the seat tube length, the DengFu medium (17") is bigger than the large Haibike that I have. I’m getting the 17”. I’m 5ft 10 with fairly long arms and legs.

Malagni84

Feb 17, 2021
Northampton,uk
I would say, the 17" is the same as your bike, only the reach seems to be longer. They seem to be come up big. Apart from the seat tube length, the DengFu medium (17") is bigger than the large Haibike that I have. I’m getting the 17”. I’m 5ft 10 with fairly long arms and legs.
So this is my dilemma I'm also 5ft 10 but have short arms and legs which is why the focus can sometimes feel a little large in some technical places I feel like I'm fighting the length of the top tube if that makes sense, awesomely stable but perhaps a tad long for me, with the top tube and reach being bigger on the dengfu I'm actually tempted to go for the 15" I just don't want to get it wrong saying that the motor and battery would fit on to another frame if I get it wrong so perhaps not the end of the world and I'm overthinking it....

BootsDave

Feb 5, 2021
Aveyron, France
I think you’re right to consider the 15". You can always can compensate the short seat tube length with a longer dropper post. I noticed that you’re from Northampton, I used to live near Oundle before moving to France six years ago.

Malagni84

Feb 17, 2021
Northampton,uk
I think you’re right to consider the 15". You can always can compensate the short seat tube length with a longer dropper post. I noticed that you’re from Northampton, I used to live near Oundle before moving to France six years ago.
That was my thinking.... might make it a bit more agile as it would be obviously shorter too..
Nice part of the world but defo not as nice as France! I bet you get to enjoy lovely long and warm summers! That would be my dream one day!

Von Dutch

Feb 16, 2021
Dorus6369
If you want to build a bike buy a frame set from Specialized or another reputable company.

Motors = unreliable
Batteries = unreliable
Bike parts = unreliable
Shipping from china = Unreliable
Returning items to china = near impossible

In 12 months ive known. 3 dead motors, 3 dead dropper posts, 2 faulty group sets. 1 set of faulty brakes, 3 broken spokes 1 buckled wheel, 2 faulty shocks. 2 bent bolts. rattles and creaks which cannot be fixed. 1 faulty chain guide.

You will be spending plenty of quality time with your bro. But it likely that time wont be on the bike.
So Specialized Brose is reliable? Let me laugh.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Mmmm not sure, I’m a pretty average 5ft 10 and a bit in my “youf” and the medium fits fine. As said before a medium sits between the M and L in the Whyte sizings.

Before you order you may want to sit your leg over, I’m only about 30 miles from you.

Malagni84

Feb 17, 2021
Northampton,uk
Mmmm not sure, I’m a pretty average 5ft 10 and a bit in my “youf” and the medium fits fine. As said before a medium sits between the M and L in the Whyte sizings.

Before you order you may want to sit your leg over, I’m only about 30 miles from you.
wow, thanks, that's really nice of you. it would be nice to take you up on the offer, unfortunately it may have to wait awhile, my other half is pregnant and really close to giving birth to our first so I'm currently on tight rein as obviously do not wish her to go through labor on her own.(partners with coronavirus are not allowed in at all at NGH which i find mental).

I have had confirmation that Dengfu cannot ship batteries or motors to the UK shipping for those items has been suspended they can however still ship to the EU, I'm wondering if I can maybe tap up some of my Italian family see if I can ship to them and they forward or I drive over to pick them up.... Ideally I need someone that has an address in the EU but comes back and forth to England!

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
I was surprised to see that someone already entered Dengfu E10 frame details on Geometry geeks website,

You can compare your current bike's geometry to the Dengfu. I was even able to find my Chinese carbon XC frame from 2012! I have a mate with an SWorks Turbo Levo which I've tried so also a useful benchmark for me. Hats off to the guys doing a great job to compile this?. One or two dimensions not quite converted correctly but still a very useful tool.

I've ordered E10 in XL, but after looking at this I'm thinking I might ask to change order to L.

XL Wheelbase and effective top tube length might be a bit long for me.

Geometry Geeks

geo2.png

Last edited:

Sheff73

Feb 13, 2021
UK
Hi all.
Anyone know the max. seat post length a large frame can handle with the post collar touching the top of the seat clamp? Worried my 480mm long RS Reverb will be sticking up an inch or so when fully inserted....

Ta.

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
Hi all.
Anyone know the max. seat post length a large frame can handle with the post collar touching the top of the seat clamp? Worried my 480mm long RS Reverb will be sticking up an inch or so when fully inserted....

Ta.
Not sure, I have same issue, I have 200mm reverb, and a large frame arriving soon

Pav09990

May 16, 2021
Poland
Hi all.

Ta.
Any update on seat post tube max length in large or XL frame I would like to order one as well but don’t want the sticking up part of the dropper.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles