Hello from Texas!

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
New member from Texas, long time lurker and soon to be ebike owner. Ordered a 2020 YT Decoy this past week, now the wait for delivery begins. I couldn't be more excited to add an ebike to my riding. I got back in the game four years ago with a Giant Trance 2 and it has been wonderful for trails in Texas and New Mexico bike parks in the summers. Hoping the Decoy will be just as much fun doing both, if not more so.

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
I would think fun would be any MTB ride in Texas ..... y'all might not get all 4 seasons, but mother nature will always give it a good try.
We just had an exciting four day period. 70 degrees and sunny, followed by a day of rain, thunderstorms and tornado warnings. 3rd day we woke up to sleet and snow. This morning is 50's and sunny and I plan to ride this afternoon.

Worst part about north Texas riding is our soil, it is like glue when wet, then takes forever for the trails to dry out with our black clay soil.

Since I teach, I spend my summers in New Mexico riding trails between 6500 and 11,000 feet, depending on the trail and location. I'm hoping the ebike helps mask my altitude acclimation, that usually takes a week or more.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles