Hello from Sydney, Australia

GrantCube

Mar 26, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Hi forum, my name is Grant, I have just bought my first emtb, a 2019 Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 500 SL 27.5. Bought it 2nd hand but barely used from a known person and it is as new. I am sorry for the crap photo, better ones will follow. When the bike was shipped to me, the bike shop that packed it cut the outer tube of the dropper post cable too short and it pulled thru the frame. I now need to route it back thru and I can't seem to find a way through the frame and around the bottom of the shock mount section. Has anyone done this in the past & has any advice?
Best,
Grant

15852539029012832752772378655217.jpg

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney
I don't know specifically how to get the cable through your bike, but I had a similar tricky cable route for my dropper post.

Attach a small strong magnet to a short gear cable (just the inner cable - attach it just below the nipple tightly with tape), and dangle it down the seatpost tube.

Attach another magnet to a long gear cable threaded through the dropper cable outer and out the other end at least 300 mm, into the main down tube, until they connect (easier said than done !) and you can pull the gear cables up through the seat tube so you can hold onto the end of the long gear cable.

Then pull the long gear cable up so it pulls the dropper post outer all the way to the top of the seatpost tube (you will have to bend / clamp the plain end of the long gear cable so it can't pull through the outer), and once you have the dropper outer in place, pull out the gear cable and thread the dropper cable in instead.

Fiddly, but do-able - otherwise you probably will have to take the motor out.

GrantCube

Mar 26, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Thanks HGmtb, I appreciate that you took the time to assist! My issue is a little different to the one you provided the solution to and it looks like I will have to remove the motor tomorrow to re-route the cable but what else is there to do in this virus ridden world? I am grateful I have a nice new EMTB to pull apart so I can stay busy right now! Who knows, I might even learn something. :ROFLMAO:
Best
Grant

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney
Good luck - and I'd say see you around too, as I also live in Sydney, but for the foreseeable future I don't suppose I will.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles