Hello from South Wales

WWJ

Jun 4, 2020
Rhondda
Hi

Hello from the Rhondda in South Wales, I have recently returned to the Mtb scene following the last 6 years of riding a series of hybrids along country roads in the West Wales area during the summer months.

The last Mtb was a Cube ltd pro H/T which was purchased in 2011 & sold in 2015.
The reason for my return was my recent purchase of a new 2020 Trek Powerfly 5 which is now helping me rediscover my youth.
I am extremely lucky to live at the base of a mountain where we are able to complete a 16 mile loop which includes plenty of climbing which is then followed by the downhill sections.
i thought my days of experiencing the rush was over @ 62 years of age, however not as I am considering upgrading to a Trek Rail 9 for next year.
only just discovered this forum, great source of info guys.
( better to burn out than fade away )

Steve940

Jan 15, 2020
North east England
I had that cube ht,awsome bike,got stolen though,bought it early 2012 lasted a few years but was absolutely trouble free...I put some nukeproof risers on and NP electron peddles..

WWJ

Jun 4, 2020
Rhondda
Yes, Steve it was a great bike well built & would take anything I could throw at it.
i just found a picture, I spoke to the guy that bought it last month who said it is still going strong.

7145E2FD-5625-4E56-A7F6-4F7F12EB3F4F.jpeg

Steve940

Jan 15, 2020
North east England
I bought the red n white version..a friend and myself went through to infinity and bought cubes,I lost just over 4stone riding this,it be ame a bit addictive.once it was stolen I bought an orange but in truth I just didnt enjoy it anymore.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles