Sep 22, 2018
South Australia
Im josh i have a haibike dwnhll pro running the bosch motor and love ebike life

20180802_210701.jpg

JoshDwnHll

Sep 22, 2018
South Australia
So i thought i would use this a little bit of a bike build aswell

When i first got the haibike it came with 2.4 maxxis tyres which felt really undersized so went for the specialized butcher 2.8 both front and rear this made a huge difference in grip.

Next due to having the dwnhll pro the rear cassette is 36-11 which made climbing aloy harder than most of my mates on meridas and lapierres so i regeared it with a 13t front sprocket as this was the cheaper option ( running a short cage shimano saint ) which transformed the bike on the climbs.

At the same time i got the rear shock filled with volume spacers as im 100kg rider i needed all the help i could get in terms of progression. At this time we found that my motor had a hard code on it and needed to be replaced which was effortless with bosch as we have a bike shop in south oz called Willride and they sort it all out.

I upgraded from the intruvia display following a crash to the purion to give it a much needed cleaner cockpit.

20180629_085934.jpg

Next up was the stem i have always been a fan of the direct mount stems so upgraded to the thompson direct mount 40mm stem.

20180614_113043.jpg

Due to the stem being mounted on the crown it brought the handlebar height down quite a bit so i opted for a set of spank spike bars with vibrocore 50mm rise 800mm wide which put the bars at a really good height.

20180802_210650.jpg

I upgraded the dropper lever aswell as the standard one was really small and awkward to use, so i chose a wolftooth lever which mounts directly to the shimano saint brake lever and puts it in a really nice spot.

20180829_170422.jpg

Lastly after doing abit of research on exposure lights and working out for the price i would rather buy a second battery as i would get more use out of it i decided to go a cheaper option for lighting, i found that the new (2017 onwards) motors had the option for a 12v output for the lights so i found the best 12v 20w light i could find which ended up being a lightforce rok 20.
I made a mount using a p clamp and some rubber to go around the bar which holds in firmly in place but would allow it to move if i had a crash to save breaking the bars or light.

20180829_165523.jpg

Thats about it for now on the mods as im still saving for that second battery and the evoc bag to hold it :) thanks for reading my build and if you have any questions please ask away

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles