Hello from Orange County California!

PyroGX

Feb 10, 2019
California
Hey everyone! Just picked up my 2019 Turbo Levo Comp yesterday!

7F8C05F7-4776-4DDC-B1D8-6AAA5FC4B66A.jpeg

4792AF4E-4AB1-4552-AA12-50ED9CBC546D.jpeg

Big thanks to Rob for all the detailed info on his channel - super helpful.

Cheers!
- Steve

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Welcome, Pyro! Another OC local here.

I'm sure the rain will taper off eventually, and the trails will dry up enough to ride again!

PyroGX

Feb 10, 2019
California
Welcome, Pyro! Another OC local here.

I'm sure the rain will taper off eventually, and the trails will dry up enough to ride again!
Haha, let’s hope! I picked up about 20 lbs of clay on my first ride - I’ve never seen buildup quite like that. Needless today, I promptly went out and bought plenty of cleaning supplies. Still, I couldn’t believe what the bike was able to power through.

BJep

Patreon
Aug 15, 2018
Grayshott
Hey- sorry to barge into your post- but we are flying into SoCal in March for a holiday and I am really keen to rent an E-MTB while there- can you recommend a LBS that will hire?

PyroGX

Feb 10, 2019
California
Hey- sorry to barge into your post- but we are flying into SoCal in March for a holiday and I am really keen to rent an E-MTB while there- can you recommend a LBS that will hire?
Sure thing - there’s a Trek shop in Tustin that rents Powerfly’s for $75 a day. There’s also Rock n Road Cyclery in Irvine that carries Specialized and a few other brands that rents for $100 a day (they have a couple shops around OC so you probably want to google the one closest to where you’re going to be). The last one I know about is Specialized of Costa Mesa, they also rent for $100/day. There may be other shops in the area that rent - these are just the ones that I know of that rent for sure, although their current stock of demo models may be limited so definitely call ahead.

MLJumpman

Aug 25, 2022
The OC, California
Hello from OC! I recently got a Trek mountain bike and am new at this. I am curious which trail is the best to learn jumps and fundamentals easily. I recently went to Santiago Oaks and went up Chutes > Cactus > Barham Ridge > Chutes Ridgeline (black diamond) for a crash course and fortunately did not crash but was braking most of the time. Had a great time but was definitely out of my comfort zone.

I would love to get some suggestions on some courses that I can practice fundamentals on such as flowy trails with easy jumps and whatnot. Any advice would be great. I'm located in Irvine so nearby trails is preferred for convenience but not required. Thank you!!

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
Hello from OC! I recently got a Trek mountain bike and am new at this. I am curious which trail is the best to learn jumps and fundamentals easily. I recently went to Santiago Oaks and went up Chutes > Cactus > Barham Ridge > Chutes Ridgeline (black diamond) for a crash course and fortunately did not crash but was braking most of the time. Had a great time but was definitely out of my comfort zone.

I would love to get some suggestions on some courses that I can practice fundamentals on such as flowy trails with easy jumps and whatnot. Any advice would be great. I'm located in Irvine so nearby trails is preferred for convenience but not required. Thank you!!
Hi
Have you tried the USA specific part of the forum you may get a bit more joy there (y)

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California

Even closer to you than The Oaks is El Moro/Laguna Coast Wilderness. There's everything from fire roads to pro level. I've found that Coastal Peak Park is the best place to start. Be forewarned, it's a zoo on the weekends. But once you get a mile from the truck, the crowd thins out. There's also Aliso Wood on the other side of the canyon. Again, there are bunny trails and secret trails for only the big dogs.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles