Hello from Melbourne, Australia!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Looking at his ride, it looks like it’s all on the road? If so then that would explain the average. Maybe he was on a creo? Or just rode an normal bike without changing his account but I find it hard to believe that was his average.

It's a mix about 50% tow paths on the canal and then roads with a few tracks, so yes, he could have been on a more road orientated e-bike .. or a normal bike I guess. No pictures sadly.

You think he had a secret pre-production Creo ? Who is this guy ! :)

I guess on the tow path on the kenevo I average 36kph if I push hard (wouldn't be able to do that for 100k though) He had to do a couple of climbs (which is where I noticed him on strava) and he wasn't super quick up them, but in fairness to him, not super slow either for pacing over a 100k ride.

Not sure I'd manage 100k at that average above assistance on a heavy e-bike, what am I saying, there's no way on earth I'd manage that, who am I kidding ! .. Checked the tour de-france riders and over similar terrain (not exactly the same route) they averaged 42 ish but over 200km's.

If he did manage to stay above the limit that much except for the climbs, then the battery would do the distance.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Yeah I’m guessing he just rode a road bike on his ebike account. Thats a massive average for an ebike.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think he must have set his gps to really infrequent recordings, maybe to extend battery, as the "blips" seem infrequent and there's lots of speed and power anomalies. Like 81.6kph max on one climb ...

Your theory could be correct though. He'd be about in the top 30 on the climb I looked at out of 1000 - if he was on a normal bike and it was recording accurately. But then with the frequency of his gps recordings (even worse than an I-phone) he could be anywhere in the top 200 depending on where strava decided to assume his blip was nearest too.

Today you win our "Detective of the week" award... :)

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Lol I love problem solving! I should have been a detective instead of a builder.
I do enjoy escape rooms!

imsuperimposed

Nov 27, 2019
AUS
Looking at his ride, it looks like it’s all on the road? If so then that would explain the average. Maybe he was on a creo? Or just rode an normal bike without changing his account but I find it hard to believe that was his average.
Yeah, even on a road bike that’s a high average for such a long ride. Possibly derestricted bike?

I might be at Harcourt on Sunday
I don’t think Sunday I’ll be in the best shape for a ride my wife has told me haha.
I grew up around harcourt when I was in primary school, there’d be some great trails up there... especially with all the old mines.
I’m based in the CBD so most places are about the same distance, I’ll most likely catch a train out If possible and go from there to start with, but can drive out if needed.

Reactions: CjP

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Yeah, even on a road bike that’s a high average for such a long ride. Possibly derestricted bike?

I don’t think Sunday I’ll be in the best shape for a ride my wife has told me haha.
I grew up around harcourt when I was in primary school, there’d be some great trails up there... especially with all the old mines.
I’m based in the CBD so most places are about the same distance, I’ll most likely catch a train out If possible and go from there to start with, but can drive out if needed.
Oh Harcourt is perfect for an ebike. Just lovely! Get out there as soon as your comfortable on the bike. track 2 and 6 are great!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles