Hello from Melbourne, Australia!

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Hi all, Just ordered my first EMTB, Specialized Levo Comp. Should arrive next week, what are your tips or things to know about the Levo? any interesting apps I should check out (I've looked at BLEvo seems like a great app). Many other Aussie's on here?
Excellent choice & welcome! Tips? Sounds like you know what sup. Maybe get some mudguards & a grease gun for starters. I just got some Kontact 70 Super to paint around non rubberised potential water in points (it rained here last night for the first time in ages YAY).

Us Melbourne’s are fast. Always running from things trying to kill us!
Most dangerous in Melbourne for me - is me. Try riding in Sydney.

imsuperimposed

Nov 27, 2019
AUS
Thanks for the options, will look into them during the week, seems to be limited parts available in Aus at the moment and the OS option seem pretty pricy to bring in. But I’m sure there’s a bit around. Will hopefully have the bike by the end of the week!

imsuperimposed

Nov 27, 2019
AUS
Been doing some looking around today online and I'm really surprised at how few parts there are for Levo in Aus, especially given how popular they have been... Our dollar is terrible at the moment too, which makes all the OS options so expensive. Anyway

SicoMTB are nearly $200aud
Mudguards are roughly $150aud
Marsh Guards are about $7.99aud

I think I might start with the Marsh Guards till I get a bit more trail experience and can work something else out.

imsuperimposed

Nov 27, 2019
AUS
Hi all again, so a quick question before I pick up my bike tomorrow. The store has said they can do the tubeless setup for me for $80aud. Is it worth it to have the store do it for me, or should I just try do it myself. I’ve never done a tubeless setup before, but from what I’ve read here and watched on YouTube it’s definitely worth going tubeless. But should I bother spending the $80?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
They should be doing it for free. The rims are already tubeless ready so all they have to do is drop in sealant/valve and pump. Almost less work that a tube.

imsuperimposed

Nov 27, 2019
AUS
They should be doing it for free.

Ok, yes I thought that was expensive, I got a really good deal on the bike, so I think they might be trying to claw back some cash or they don't want to rework as they have already built the bike for me. Maybe, I'll go with the tubes for now and try convert myself? I don't have a compressor though.

ryturn

Sep 12, 2019
Australia
$80 , our shop just did it no charge , Tathra Beach and Bike , Cushcore was an extra as requested.If you don't have an air tank or compressor and being first time get the shop to do it, but they should do the tubeless setup free ...2 valves and cup +1/2 of goo 10 minutes shop time. Who's your Melbourne dealer ? Cycleworks in Box Hill are a Specialized dealer who know what riders want cause they are .

Last edited:

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I
Ok, yes I thought that was expensive, I got a really good deal on the bike, so I think they might be trying to claw back some cash or they don't want to rework as they have already built the bike for me. Maybe, I'll go with the tubes for now and try convert myself? I don't have a compressor though.
If your in Melbourne, send me a pm and I’ll do it for you for free. Super easy to do, could do it in the car park at one of the trails.

imsuperimposed

Nov 27, 2019
AUS
It's finally here! Just in time for my 40th on the weekend! Now to work out where to take it on it's maiden ride!

If your in Melbourne, send me a pm and I’ll do it for you for free
That would be greatly appreciated, no rush but I'll shoot you a DM soon.

IMG_8847.JPG

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
It's finally here! Just in time for my 40th on the weekend! Now to work out where to take it on it's maiden ride!

That would be greatly appreciated, no rush but I'll shoot you a DM soon.

View attachment 22559
Oh that’s very nice, congratulations!
I just turned 40 yesterday, feel young again as I’m back to a zero!
I’ll be out Sunday if your interested otherwise buzz me when your ready.

imsuperimposed

Nov 27, 2019
AUS
I just turned 40 yesterday
Well happy 40 to you too! I have a feeling I’ll be a bit rough this weekend, but I’m taking 5 weeks over the holidays so definitely plenty of opportunities.

I‘m planning to kick myself in the @sS and get on the bike at much as I can.

Reactions: CjP

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Well happy 40 to you too! I have a feeling I’ll be a bit rough this weekend, but I’m taking 5 weeks over the holidays so definitely plenty of opportunities.

I‘m planning to kick myself in the @sS and get on the bike at much as I can.
Thanks mate!
Your gonna love the bike, the Levo is a beautiful machine and is a lot of fun to ride.
Where you looking to go?

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
I can't think of a better all round bike for all the trails that Melbourne has to offer. I would suggest Stan's and the Dart tool...haven't needed it yet thankfully but I'm probably due for a top up on the sealant.

imsuperimposed

Nov 27, 2019
AUS
Where you looking to go?
Not 100% sure yet, I’ll need to start with some basic/intermediate runs to get used to the bike and build from there, it’s been over 10 years since I’ve thrown an MTB off some drops so just need to build my skill back up. I’m a long way off the 31k average @Zimmerframe mentioned above ?

Reactions: CjP

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Not 100% sure yet, I’ll need to start with some basic/intermediate runs to get used to the bike and build from there, it’s been over 10 years since I’ve thrown an MTB off some drops so just need to build my skill back up. I’m a long way off the 31k average @Zimmerframe mentioned above ?
I’m pretty sure that guy just went downhill, I average 19/20km/h with an equal mix of up and down.
If your close to Lysterfield then I’d go there. Nice easy, mix of everything and plenty people around in case you need assistance.
otherwise You Yangs is a nice ebike friendly park also with plenty people around.
I might be at Harcourt on Sunday if your interested in a tag along.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I’m a long way off the 31k average @Zimmerframe mentioned above

Yup, I'm still not quite sure how he did that .. I think you guys need to send him a message on strava and meet up for an interview. I think his whole ride was 9 hours, so I guess he stopped to re-charge. But 31k over 100k's .. that's some going .. He's either a heart, 4 lungs and two huge legs with nothing else or he ate something volatile and was either gas powered or desperately cycling to his next toilet stops ...

I went out last week and over 27k, going as hard as I could, I only just got over 30kph average. I'm not saying you'd expect me to turn in some amazing fast time, more that it's HARD ! really HARD, even on an e-bike, to get your average over 25kph, you have to be riding the limit on the climbs and going as fast as possible on the descents.

As Christian says, 20 is probably a more normal average. 11 months ago I was lucky to average 10-12 :)

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Yup, I'm still not quite sure how he did that .. I think you guys need to send him a message on strava and meet up for an interview. I think his whole ride was 9 hours, so I guess he stopped to re-charge. But 31k over 100k's .. that's some going .. He's either a heart, 4 lungs and two huge legs with nothing else or he ate something volatile and was either gas powered or desperately cycling to his next toilet stops ...

I went out last week and over 27k, going as hard as I could, I only just got over 30kph average. I'm not saying you'd expect me to turn in some amazing fast time, more that it's HARD ! really HARD, even on an e-bike, to get your average over 25kph, you have to be riding the limit on the climbs and going as fast as possible on the descents.

As Christian says, 20 is probably a more normal average. 11 months ago I was lucky to average 10-12 :)
Looking at his ride, it looks like it’s all on the road? If so then that would explain the average. Maybe he was on a creo? Or just rode an normal bike without changing his account but I find it hard to believe that was his average.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles