Hello from Lancs UK & First eMTB Purchase Imminent

Wheelie_King

The Spirit Level ?️
Sep 28, 2019
Lancashire (Fylde Coast)
I can't ignore the fizzing excitement for much longer. I think there's a 2020 Levo Comp with my name all over it!!

As an ex-mountain biker turned roadie (I blame my young children for that), eMTB has passed me by until early last year when a look in a bike shop woke me from my roadie slumber. 30% + of the shop floor was devoted to eMTB. What's going on here I asked? Well, an informative 30 minute explanation later, coupled with me going to rent 2018 Levos & Kenevos at Grizedale in Cumbria (3 times) and I'm completely sold on the idea. My "want one" has been upgraded to "need one". My wife is so sick of me rambling on about them she's pleading with me to just go and get one to shut me up.

Shandy

Sep 15, 2019
Suffolk
I can't ignore the fizzing excitement for much longer. I think there's a 2020 Levo Comp with my name all over it!!

As an ex-mountain biker turned roadie (I blame my young children for that), eMTB has passed me by until early last year when a look in a bike shop woke me from my roadie slumber. 30% + of the shop floor was devoted to eMTB. What's going on here I asked? Well, an informative 30 minute explanation later, coupled with me going to rent 2018 Levos & Kenevos at Grizedale in Cumbria (3 times) and I'm completely sold on the idea. My "want one" has been upgraded to "need one". My wife is so sick of me rambling on about them she's pleading with me to just go and get one to shut me up.
Mine was the same mate, I kept looking and putting off, then last minute phone call from LBS 19 levo cancellation wife basically begged me to have it, just to shut me up..

Wheelie_King

The Spirit Level ?️
Sep 28, 2019
Lancashire (Fylde Coast)
You’re all very convincing!!
I’ve just had favourable pay review at work so reasons not to take the plunge are shrinking!
Just wondering whether to waste time test-riding an array of bikes having ridden and loved the 2018 Levo a couple of times? I think the Brose motor, and the fact the 700Wh battery is available on the Comp make it a no-brainer?

Wheelie_King

The Spirit Level ?️
Sep 28, 2019
Lancashire (Fylde Coast)
I just spoke with your wife and she said "For gods sake, will you lot please tell him to hurry up and buy that damned Levo so he can get out there and enjoy it"

That does sound like her yes, not sure how you got her number?

I’m entering the next phase now I’ve finished deliberating, which is along the lines of running out of the house in dressing gown as I NEED one NOW!!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
That does sound like her yes, not sure how you got her number?

I’m entering the next phase now I’ve finished deliberating, which is along the lines of running out of the house in dressing gown as I NEED one NOW!!

I troll on the "Is your Husband a Procrastinator" Forum, she was getting very flustered so I gave her my details..

There is an enormous feeling of joy and relief when you finally make that decision !! (for you too :) )

We expect a photo ! (of the new bike)

Wheelie_King

The Spirit Level ?️
Sep 28, 2019
Lancashire (Fylde Coast)
I troll on the "Is your Husband a Procrastinator" Forum, she was getting very flustered so I gave her my details..

There is an enormous feeling of joy and relief when you finally make that decision !! (for you too :) )

We expect a photo ! (of the new bike)
OK, local to me I have access to:
1 - 2020 Levo Comp £5500 inc £600 vouchers to spend
2 - 2019 Comp Carbon £5100
3 - 2019 Comp Carbon 700Wh £5800
4 - 2029 Comp Carbon 2 x 500Wh £5400
Decisions decisions!!! Comments?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

If you put a deposit on no. 4 then you've made a decision and it gives you lots of time to mull it over ?

Jul 19, 2019
West Lancs
You’re all very convincing!!
I’ve just had favourable pay review at work so reasons not to take the plunge are shrinking!
Just wondering whether to waste time test-riding an array of bikes having ridden and loved the 2018 Levo a couple of times? I think the Brose motor, and the fact the 700Wh battery is available on the Comp make it a no-brainer?

Rather than riding lots of bikes just ride a few different motors. I tried the Bosch and Shimano and much preferred the initial set-off on the Shimano.

Even if you still prefer the Brose at least you'll know.

I'm waiting for my Meta power 29 to be delivered, so don't know yet but if the 500wh battery is a problem I'll get another and swap out. easy swaps is one reason I went for external battery.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
4, or if that was a typo, 3 :cool:

Also your name, moniker , avatar etc prompts the question, do you have a GoPro?

Jul 19, 2019
West Lancs
@Wheelie_King when you rented them, how did the batteries last? Did you need a bit extra or were they fine?

I expect to do a trail visit, probably with 2 500wh batteries, swapping at lunch. Or, for the odd commute ride, charge it up during the day for the ride home.

If you think you'll do longer rides without the opportunity to swap then the 700 might make sense. If you'll have chance to swap then the 2x 500 looks like a bargain (depending on components)

Wheelie_King

The Spirit Level ?️
Sep 28, 2019
Lancashire (Fylde Coast)
FD83DA5D-1FA6-4C25-B6E8-424EF8E04C83.jpeg
FD83DA5D-1FA6-4C25-B6E8-424EF8E04C83.jpeg

Wheelie_King

The Spirit Level ?️
Sep 28, 2019
Lancashire (Fylde Coast)
@Wheelie_King when you rented them, how did the batteries last? Did you need a bit extra or were they fine?

I expect to do a trail visit, probably with 2 500wh batteries, swapping at lunch. Or, for the odd commute ride, charge it up during the day for the ride home.

If you think you'll do longer rides without the opportunity to swap then the 700 might make sense. If you'll have chance to swap then the 2x 500 looks like a bargain (depending on components)
I got a morning ride and afternoon ride out of one battery, total 35 miles, in the Lakes/Cumbria so hard/steep/rocky and hard on the battery.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles