Hello from Durham, North East

jamiew1993

Jun 13, 2019
Durham
Hello everyone currently saving up for my first EMTB until then got my giant stance 2, Im looking to take on Hamsterley this Sunday, just worried as never done any trails before and no sure if its worth going there, what do you guys think?

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Hamsterley is cool and even better on an eeb. Everything is rollable on the marked trails. The left side of most of the features are small and work up as you move to the right of the trail.

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
There's a great mix at Hamsterley from Trail centre, Natural trails and the Bike Park.

Where do you normally ride?

jamiew1993

Jun 13, 2019
Durham
Currently nothing lol brand new, just wanting to learn, do you also recommend any other places in the north east at all

Northumbrian

Sep 3, 2018
Rothbury
A bit further North, Kielder has got a decent mix, Thrunton woods is quite popular about 30 miles north of Newcastle on the a697.... but that’s not such a good place for beginners .
My son rides in Chopwell woods, seems to enjoy it.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
I live next to Chopwell Woods and generally go there a couple of times a week. It’s a nice place to get to grips with trails, not massive but a decent ride non the less. It gets busier in the summer but I’ve never seen it chocka.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles