Hello from British Columbia!

MassDeduction

Dec 1, 2019
Victoria, BC
Hi there, I live in south-coastal British Columbia! I'm actually not a mountain biker (I know, heresy when I live in a mountain biking paradise... never say never on that front I suppose!).

I'm here as I'm a big e-bike fan and I want to share and learn about e-bikes on a technical level and I hear good things about this forum in this regard. :)

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
Excellent / Great to have you(y)

Sure we can always learn more about the tech aspects of these machines. As you noted, maybe hanging out w/us will get ya to throw a leg over one & start the adventure?

Joe :coffee:

MassDeduction

Dec 1, 2019
Victoria, BC
Excellent / Great to have you(y)

Sure we can always learn more about the tech aspects of these machines. As you noted, maybe hanging out w/us will get ya to throw a leg over one & start the adventure?

Joe :coffee:

It's not impossible. Crosstraining in different cycling disciplines can improve your experience in each of them, after all!

Honestly my problem is lack of experience, and the fear of getting hurt that engenders for me. That's long been an issue for me, even as a kid I wasn't a daredevil. As kids we're supposed to be carefree, but instead I had a fine appreciation for my mortality! So I would probably need to plan a consecutive series of weeks/months where I can ride offroad a lot and get enough skill and experience under my belt to build enough confidence to get over the hump.

For now my e-bikes are the road/gravel/trekking varieties, not E-MTBs. But I expect to learn a lot here anyway! :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles