Hello from AZ

Pedal-Man

Feb 5, 2022
USA
Also in AZ, you just need to figure out which bike suits your riding style. I've been looking for over a year and borrowing / renting Bikes as I went. The 9.7 looks pretty good for a full speed assist Bike.

Boltdude

Jan 18, 2022
California, USA
Hello new to the forum. Currently looking into purchasing my first E bike. Looking at a trek rail 9.7 to purchase.
Welcome! I have 2021 9.7 and love it. Found the stock suspension to be somewhat lacking for aggressive riding on rough terrain and ended up getting new fork and shock after a few months. In light of this the 9.8, with upgraded suspension, might have been better for me. Also, 9.8 now comes with a larger battery in 2022 which is a plus. If you don’t plan on aggressive stuff and don’t necessarily want a carbon frame or the Kiox display, the Rail 7 is a good price point and performs basically the same as the 9.7. If you are an aggressive rider and maybe want the better suspension and bigger battery, check out the 9.8.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Hello new to the forum. Currently looking into purchasing my first E bike. Looking at a trek rail 9.7 to purchase.
The Rail 9.7 is a great start. Depending on your riding style you can upgrade or not. You’ll still be happy with your purchase …but you’ll probably upgrade eventually.

Kyle_AZ_eMTB

Feb 5, 2021
Arizona
Welcome from AZ too. You're wisest to look at what is in stock (or what has not been spoken for on future orders). Rail's can be pushed out almost a year depending on the size you need. Emigo's has a pretty steady flow of EMTB's coming in and I'd recommend them as a shop.

I scored an Orbea Rise H30 (from Jensonusa.com) on the day it was released in Dec, and should take delivery of my new Levo in the next day or two (ordering direct from Specialized since nothing was available locally).

Cheers in your search. I'd recommend going "bigger" on the travel than what you'd think you need, or are used to on your analog bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles