Hello everyone! From Memphis Tn. USA

Trailjunkie

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
USA
welcome Trailjunkie , the expert very nice!! long wait.
Thanks,gonna drive me nuts for sure. What’s crazy is I’m not even excited about riding my evil following in the mean time. That bike really left an impression on me. Not crazy about the expert color here in the US black/silver so I guess I’m going S-Works

Varaxis

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2018
California, USA
I had an Evil Following for a short time. It was a gravity sled, compared to my other bikes. It didn't make pedaling pleasant. People suspected it was due to a slack seat angle, but even out-of-the-saddle pedaling was awful. Was particularly hard on my knees, similar to pedaling with a seat too low. I think it was due to the high pedal kickback--the same kickback effect made it gain speed on bumps going downhill though. I was partial to Trek/GF and Spec before it. Was your experience similar?

What's out in Memphis that's good to ride? My geography sucks. I thought TN was close to NC and Pisgah, but Memphis is on the other side of the state. Heard Pisgah doesn't allow ebikes anyways. Not sure about the rest of the area. Do you plan on riding Stanky Creek? Sugar Camp Hollow? Are DuPont trails ebike legal?

Last edited:

Trailjunkie

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
USA
I would b going nut's with a wait like that! S Work's nice!!
Yeah and what’s even worse is my demo bike the expert (rocket red color) I cant even get because it’s specialized Europe only. I would definitely get that one if I could.

Trailjunkie

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
USA
I had an Evil Following for a short time. It was a gravity sled, compared to my other bikes. It didn't make pedaling pleasant. People suspected it was due to a slack seat angle, but even out-of-the-saddle pedaling was awful. Was particularly hard on my knees, similar to pedaling with a seat too low. I think it was due to the high pedal kickback--the same kickback effect made it gain speed on bumps going downhill though. I was partial to Trek/GF and Spec before it. Was your experience similar?

What's out in Memphis that's good to ride? My geography sucks. I thought TN was close to NC and Pisgah, but Memphis is on the other side of the state. Heard Pisgah doesn't allow ebikes anyways. Not sure about the rest of the area. Do you plan on riding Stanky Creek? Sugar Camp Hollow? Are DuPont trails ebike legal?

Not the same experience with my following. Love the suspension platform of the evil bikes. Never think about flipping switches on the climbs and that’s a good thing.
Are you in the Memphis area? Stanky creek is usually where I ride but I do go to bayou point at arkabutla at times. Have not heard of sugar camp hollow? I find myself traveling to get to some rowdier trails often. Atl, Birmingham, Knoxville, bentonville. Not sure about DuPont trails being legal but I’m not really worried about that now. I think the popularity AND SALES will loosen the positions on e- bikes going forward.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles