Hello everyone, brand newbie from Virginia.

Shane228mtb

Jul 18, 2020
Martinsville, VA
Hello, newbie here just getting started with eMTB's. I just purchased an old style 2020 Commencal Meta Power 29 Ride. I got it yesterday and the battery in on charge for the first time. I a very excited to learn from all of the seasoned riders here. I do have an analog bike a 2018 Santa Cruz Hightower LT that I plan on keeping. I really wanted a new Norco Sight VLT C2 but this animal doesn't exist in the USA for sale anywhere that I could find nor could I afford it right now. Thanks for letting me join the group!

PenSki

Jun 4, 2020
Western Australia
Which part of Virginia you from? I normally do a trip there each year (from Australia) but have never been MTBing there. How do you go with the little monsters that lurk in your woods everywhere and suck your blood? Maybe the extra speed of the ebike will assist in keeping them off!

Shane228mtb

Jul 18, 2020
Martinsville, VA
I live in a small place called Martinsville. We are famous somewhat due to having a NASCAR racetrack here. It is called the Martinsville Speedway if you wanted to look it up. We are right on the border or the Virginia/North Caroline line. North of Greensboro. And the Ticks are horrible here. We just use large amounts of bug spray. I mainly ride at a place called Mountain Laurel Trails in Horsepasutre VA, yes that is the name of the area. They have a small website and are listed in Singletracks as the best MTB place in VA. We held an XC race there yesterday. It was hot and humid but probably 120 riders came out.

PenSki

Jun 4, 2020
Western Australia
I normally go in July/August and I find the heat and humidity combination oppressive. Thank goodness for your ebike then and I’ll be interested to hear how it copes with the heat.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles