Hello and some rather specific questions

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The Shimano powered Focus has had problems with cold weather charging, which is documented in threads on this forum . .............

As a Focus owner posting on that Forum, I am certain that it is rogue 4.5Amp chargers that are the problem, but only when both charger and battery are cold and the battery charge is low. I had zero problems with 4Amp chargers at any temperature or state of charge.

TimVW

Jul 11, 2019
Warwickshire
As a Focus owner posting on that Forum, I am certain that it is rogue 4.5Amp chargers that are the problem, but only when both charger and battery are cold and the battery charge is low. I had zero problems with 4Amp chargers at any temperature or state of charge.

Thanks Steve, I read your posts on the Focus forum. I presume that the 2019 Shimano bikes are still shipping with the 4.5 amp chargers?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Thanks Steve, I read your posts on the Focus forum. I presume that the 2019 Shimano bikes are still shipping with the 4.5 amp chargers?
I haven't been to have a look, so I can't say one way or the other. But Focus completely ignored all the work that I had done (and you guys on the Forum), and that the dealer had done, all of which said convincingly it was the charger. So I'd guess that they are sticking with the 4.5Amp chargers so that they can claim faster charging times.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles