Hello, and I need some Help!

Dennis1971

Jan 13, 2019
Netherlands
Help My name is Dennis and I am from The Netherlands. So, please forgive me my mistakes if I write something the wrong way or if I express myself a bit differently:)

I am watching Rob's video's lately and really enjoyed it. So much I am interested in buying a Levo 2019 model. I am a MTB rider for about 8 years now and I my bike is a Specialized Epic comp with Carbon SL (S-works) rims. I very nice bike that sometimes feels like it has a E-motor in it. It is a fast bike!
In The Netherlands we do not have much hills so I drive mainly mtb tracks with max about 3-400 high meters. If I drive my MTB in normal weather conditions and a flat road I drive 27-30 km/u.

Last Friday I visit my Specialized dealer and did my first ride on a EMTB. This was a Levo Fattie from 2017.
This ride was very disappointed. The problems I had that when the ride goes down or flat it holds me back at about 22-23 km/u. This Levo Fattie is definitely not as smooth as my Epic and were the fun starts it holds me back.

The reason wy I want a EMTB is because I have sometimes drive for an hour our 1,5 hour to a MTB track and after 1 a 1,5 hour of fast driving I have to go back. I like to make does rides longer. I am definitly not an extreme biker. But I like to ride single tracks as fast as possible for me!

If I watch the video's of the Specialized Levo or other brands nobody talks about this hold back at around 23 km/u. My question is, has the Levo improved in a way that when the motor stops it is not that heavy to drive? Do most of you tune the motor so it helps till about 30km/u? Does my experience has something to do with the fattie and the big wheels?

I really hope on some feedback, because I am really consider a Specialized Levo carbon. I will keep my Epic also.

Thanks

Dennis

Gofurtherfaster

Oct 10, 2018
The woods
Welkom!

I'd say its similar to a cargo bike in terms of rolling resistance.. and the motor supposedly disengages completely on levos so the "drag" is just tyres and the regular components, nothing extra. Plus as you've touched on, if you have tuning enabled, you can have assistance over the cut off and it makes *in my opinion* riding a lot more natural as you are always getting assistance.

Dennis1971

Jan 13, 2019
Netherlands
HI Fofurtherfaster,

Is it easy to enable tuning, or reguire this extra software? I have read somewhere that you can change the diameter of the wheels. Is this still possible on the 2019 Levo?

Gofurtherfaster

Oct 10, 2018
The woods
I am not the best one to answer this as I own a different type of bike, but I think it needs to be purchased, maybe its just an app though and nothing to install? I reckon a levo owner will help you out soon enough

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles