Hej Hej from Strasbourg, Alsace, France

Strindberg

Sep 24, 2021
Strasbourg, France
Hej Hej Rob,

thank you for oppening your doors.

I am french from Strasbourg, the eastern town of our country in continental Europe.

I am no stricto sensu a mtb/emtb biker, but I am a traveller with prewarcars and with normal bicycles, firstly trike from HPV and after with uprights because you have more power with them.

So I made 13.000 km around the polar circle only with legs and will, also two times the North Cape >>> www.hotchkiss.eu

But now, I thought I proved the guy in the heaven I am not so bad,
and I purchased on may 2019 a Husqvarna GT2 ebike.

But a bio-vélo is quite reliable, and an ebike... not so well.

I had two former STePS E7000 in my Husqvarna (one with 1200 km and the other one with only 2700 km).
The third one, an E8000 has now 16077 km in the belly since the 22. XII 2019.
I make trips between 130 and 189 km in a day, a little bit more than with a bio-vélo, but nearly in the half of the time !

I overhauled myself "bolts and nuts" more than 17 engines from my prewarcars,
that is why I also traveled far away with them also till Scotland, Wales, northern Ireland, Norway, Finland, Lapland (Rudolf the reindeeer) and far above the Polar Circle.

I have found in your webside a very good thread about servicing from E8000, because I think, my third STePS, the E8000, seems to have forthcoming problems with bearings. And nowhere in the DE, CH, GB, FR and SE forums we can find a thread about servicing the E8000.

I had also a very kind email thread with Peter Collard from Bearings Performance Line, but I have also other questions about the spinning torque sensor and the day after rebuilding the drive unit...

So, I have a simply question or two to ask and that is why I registered me yesterday after 6 ou 7 monthes reading the new comments.

Have a lovely day.

Thomas Rudolf
Strasbourg in Alsace, France

Question: is your webside an UK or USA webside?

Nordkapp forum 2   .jpg

20210922_122735.jpg

Last edited:

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Hey, Tom. Welcome.
Are your cars French, or do you collect a variety of pre-war autos?
The French certainly had some avant-garde styling ideas during that period.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles