Headset jam2..

BammBamm

Nov 21, 2018
Straya
Rather than start a new thread hoping someone can help me here. My stock headset is either too tight (sticky steering) or too loose (Play in headset).
I'm thinking about doing away with the stock headset for a new better quality one.
Can anyone recommend one? Cane creek or hope maybe? and a link to the exact one I need would be awesome!
I'm a bit daft when it comes to headsets but have Fox 36 forks if that makes any difference!

nepper

Oct 5, 2019
Finland
I can say that Superstar Components makes headsets that work. Their Made In UK-lineup is _good_. Hope headsets are superb but costly. Works Components makes good headsets too. I put the -2 degree set from Superstar to my JAM2 and I am more than happy. On my Mondraker Foxy I use Works Components -1,5 degree set and it's equally good.

nepper

Oct 5, 2019
Finland
ZS is internal cup and EC is external cup. In this case EC cup is used on the headset's that adjust steering angle. There is no room to do the angle adjustment inside the headtube so it needs to be done outside of the frame. ZS is the regular cup that sits inside in the headtube. Back in old days when tappered headtubes were rare EC bearings were used more often.

nepper

Oct 5, 2019
Finland
You seem to be using regular headset so just use the ZS headset. I just wrote the angleset part as additional information. ZS44 and EC44 use the same bearing size. It's just how the bearing cup is mounted to the frame.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles