Have You Got Your e-MTB Repair Kit?

marbonitaz21

Founding Member
Jan 17, 2018
Haymart, Virginia 22069
No matter how good your mountain bike be or how smart and seasoned rider you are, breakdowns are inevitable. To make sure that your ride is going to be fun and exciting without nothing to worry, always make sure that you have your repair toolkit with you. Your tools must include: chain link, spare inner tube, mech hanger, wheel magnet, eMTB multitool, mini pump; and the optional Co2 cartridge, tire plug and tire-patches. Do you have any suggestions on how to keep your ride on top?
emtb repair kit on emtb forums from pxhere.jpg

E

EddieJ

It largely depends upon where I am riding, and for how long, but this will give you some idea.

Not shown is spare battery pack and mobile phone.

edit_hols.jpg

Spares for trips away.

hol 2.JPG

hol_2.jpg

P1220190.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sauravgartaula

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
What kinds of repair kits do you guys usually carry with you while going on a long ride?

Lets hear your experiences where you had to use those kits . How useful were they?

Cheers!

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Tube ,
plastic strip to sort split tyre
chain link,
Half a dozen tie wraps
Multi tool with chain tool and tyre levers and something like the tiny leatherman that has pliers .
A pump of course and sometimes gas cartridge too ,

If Iam touring I add
brake pads ,
insulating tape or narrow gaffs tape
a few spare nuts and bolts
A few spokes
gear cable inner and end crimp

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
Having been on many motorcycle touring holidays with Kernow, I can pretty much guarantee he will get all of that, into something the size of a matchbox :LOL:

The man really know's how to travel light. :cool:

E

EddieJ

As posted in the duplicate thread by marbinitaz21, I frequently carry everything including the kitchen sink!

The kit varies from time to time, but this is a guide.

r.JPG

And leaving aside tools, this is some of the kit that I take when going away on trips.

hol 2.JPG

One thing that I wouldn't be without, are cable ties, or as they are commonly known, Haibike ties.

One snapped brake lever mount repaired.

lever 2.jpg

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
That plugging tool looks like it may have saved me a few times this year , impressed how they have used it in the sidewall . Most recently I have damaged tyres right on the bead , hitting rocks etc , finishing any hope of tubeless use , only a tube would sort that

Not sure about the valve , removing the ring will just unseat the valve when you unscrew the core , a little valve core tool is so tiny to carry , and most decent multi tools will undo a valve core anyway . Never had a need to remove a valve core on the trail

Last edited:

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Effetto Caffelatex ZOT! Nano | Chain Reaction Cycles

This is the stuff that interests me , I’ve been using the cafe latex fluid for a while now and it works very well , having had a few badly damaged tyres you can see the fluid and it’s foaming properties trying to work where I’ve seen other fluids fail , this little fast set injector , if it does what it says , may have saved the tyre , and also saved the cost , not to mention the messy job of installing a tube .
I have Also patched the inside of a number of tubeless tyres with varying success depending on the extent if the damage

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Effetto Caffelatex ZOT! Nano | Chain Reaction Cycles

This is the stuff that interests me , I’ve been using the cafe latex fluid for a while now and it works very well , having had a few badly damaged tyres you can see the fluid and it’s foaming properties trying to work where I’ve seen other fluids fail , this little fast set injector , if it does what it says , may have saved the tyre , and also saved the cost , not to mention the messy job of installing a tube .
I have Also patched the inside of a number of tubeless tyres with varying success depending on the extent if the damage

This looks like a great bit of kit, great find Kernow! I will purchase and try it out.

Jdw777

Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
SoCal
Bandages! Folded up reading glasses for us old folks to find that tiny thorn. Bandana for cleanup.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I always carry a spare tube, tyre tools, multi tool, quick link, a clean rag and a small first aid kit with good bandage.
Would it be wise to carry more than one chain quick link ?

E

EddieJ

Bandages! Folded up reading glasses for us old folks to find that tiny thorn. Bandana for cleanup.

I also carry a pair of fold up glasses. Mine are to read the menu though, at the obligatory cafe stop. :)

I just have a couple pairs cheapo ones from China, but would love a pair of Thin Optics. They are the best value for money, and well made ones that I have seen, but having to buy them from the US, brings the potential of getting clobbered for duty etc, so I have given them a miss.

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I also carry a pair of fold up glasses. Mine are to read the menu though, at the obligatory cafe stop. :)

I just have a couple pairs cheapo ones from China, but would love a pair of Thin Optics. They are the best value for money, and well made ones that I have seen, but having to buy them from the US, brings the potential of getting clobbered for duty etc, so I have given them a miss.

Thin optics are only about £5 here Eddie , I bought a couple of pairs , they are ok but fall off your nose if your heads down trying to fix something , personally I feel they are a bit of a gimmick , a cheap pair of readers is actuall less faff

E

EddieJ

That's interesting. Are they genuine Thin Optics, or a copy version?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles