Have anyone had trouble with their frame? I got a crack where the sensorcable comes from the motor.

Stefan-SS

Aug 7, 2019
Sweden
Hi!
I am a Haibike fan and I have a hardtail AND a fullsuspension bike. I bought the full nine 10.0 after I had used my hardtail for two years and it has been great fun. I was in the process of swapping tires on my fullnine and cleaning it when I found a crack in the bottom backside of the motormount. It is clearly att stressfracture and it have appeared right where Haibike have made a notch in the frame for the cable to the speed sensor. I did not see the crack before I cleaned the bike. Now I wonder if it is a place where cracks have appeared for other riders? The PW-X motor is only mounted with two bolts while the older PW-motor had three mounts. I fear that those two mountingpoints might be exposed to more stress than if it had been three as in the case of the older motor.
Anyway, I will report this in to my shop and see how Haibike then responds. The bike is about 19 months old and Haibike have a guarantee of 2 years for the whole bike and 5 years on the frame.

20190807_155606431_iOS.jpg

Sep 3, 2019
South Wales
Did you get a replacement frame under warranty? There are known issues with the Haibike frames, usually on the seat post down tube. Several examples shared in "eBike Smile eMTB Community" fb group. In August 2019 Haibike had a recall in New Zealand of hard tails.
"Frame Safety concern for 2018 Haibike Xduro S 45kmph
If you own one of these bikes please contact your dealer
Haibike Germany have been alerted and are reviewing it"

YouWhy010

Sep 15, 2019
Israel
Hi!
I am a Haibike fan and I have a hardtail AND a fullsuspension bike. I bought the full nine 10.0 after I had used my hardtail for two years and it has been great fun. I was in the process of swapping tires on my fullnine and cleaning it when I found a crack in the bottom backside of the motormount. It is clearly att stressfracture and it have appeared right where Haibike have made a notch in the frame for the cable to the speed sensor. I did not see the crack before I cleaned the bike. Now I wonder if it is a place where cracks have appeared for other riders? The PW-X motor is only mounted with two bolts while the older PW-motor had three mounts. I fear that those two mountingpoints might be exposed to more stress than if it had been three as in the case of the older motor.
Anyway, I will report this in to my shop and see how Haibike then responds. The bike is about 19 months old and Haibike have a guarantee of 2 years for the whole bike and 5 years on the frame.

View attachment 16802
Hi the frame of my Haibike full nine 6.0 cracked after 8000 kilometers and almost 2 years.
The frame is still under warranty so I am waiting to see what reaction the local dealer will get from the company.
WhatsApp Image 2019-09-06 at 09.03.29.jpeg

Stefan-SS

Aug 7, 2019
Sweden
Wow! That is a severe crack! Mine is minor but from what the retailer told me they want me to returns the bike to them and they will send it back to Haibike who want to examine the crack. I do not know what the outcome will be. You ought to get a new bike! I hope you were not hurt!

Cheers, Stefan

YouWhy010

Sep 15, 2019
Israel
Wow! That is a severe crack! Mine is minor but from what the retailer told me they want me to returns the bike to them and they will send it back to Haibike who want to examine the crack. I do not know what the outcome will be. You ought to get a new bike! I hope you were not hurt!

Cheers, Stefan

Hi
I was lucky, nothing happened, the frame touched the tire and started to make noise, but it could have been very "unpleasant".
My youngest son was nearby and he immediately saw the crack.
I'll keep the forum in the loop.
Thanks for your kind remark.

YouWhy010

Sep 15, 2019
Israel
I just got a message from the local dealer that Haibike approved the replacement of my bike's frame.
So far so good. Now they'll have to ship a new frame from Germany, so it is going to take some time.
This is a picture of the bike with the broken frame. 20190907_104012a.jpg

YouWhy010

Sep 15, 2019
Israel
I'll choose my words very carefully. I'm not really happy.
As Haibike apparently couldn't send a replacement frame, I was promised to get a refund for the bike.
Haibike now promised to refund me 50% the of price I paid for the bike and I have to return them the broken one.
The bike is 2 years old. I never jumped with it. I love touring through the fields near my house, nothing dramatic.
I could be caught in a very unpleasant situation if we didn't find the crack before it completely snapped.
So now I am left without a bike and am forced to buy a new one and have to wait to see the refund.
The end of the story.

Sep 3, 2019
South Wales
Hi!

View attachment 16802
How did you get on with Haibike? Did they replace the frame under warranty? Quite a few frame issues have been reported in "eBike Smile eMTB Community" fb group, but not in this particulate part of the frame, mainly on the down tube where the seat post goes in.

Sep 3, 2019
South Wales
I just got a message from the local dealer that Haibike approved the replacement of my bike's frame.
So far so good. Now they'll have to ship a new frame from Germany, so it is going to take some time.
This is a picture of the bike with the broken frame. View attachment 18798
There are a few Haibikes with exactly the same break in the "eBike Smile eMTB Community" fb group! All have had their frames replaced as it is a known issue!

YouWhy010

Sep 15, 2019
Israel
How did you get on with Haibike? Did they replace the frame under warranty? Quite a few frame issues have been reported in "eBike Smile eMTB Community" fb group, but not in this particulate part of the frame, mainly on the down tube where the seat post goes in.

It is the down tube where the seat post goes in.
In the end got a refund worth 50% of the value of a new bike instead of a new frame and gave them the broken bike back.
Immediately bought a new Specialized Levo and am very happy with it.

20190907_104012a.jpg

Sep 3, 2019
South Wales
In the end got a refund worth 50% of the value of a new bike instead of a new frame and gave them the broken bike back.

View attachment 19542
Good move! (Y) I love the Levo I ride!!! May I share your experience in the eBike Smile group, or if you are a member please do so as it supports both riders and traders to know about issues which they personally may never have come across. Many thanks

Stefan-SS

Aug 7, 2019
Sweden

View attachment 19542
I´m sorry to hear about the warranty of Haibike and their desicion to only refund 50% of the bike. I will put back the original parts on my bike and return it in two weeks. Since my crack in the motormount is not as severe as yours, I have no hope really to get a framereplacement. I suspect my bike will just be away until spring and then I get it back with no things done to it. I may end up looking for someone who can weld aluminium.
I hope you will have a lot of troublefree and fun riding on your spezialized bike!
/Stefan

Stefan-SS

Aug 7, 2019
Sweden

Hi!
My retailer is talking to Haibike in Germany and I will coordinate with the shop who has a shipment planned for Germany i two weeks. I have no idea what will happen. If you like I will post the result after the bike has been returned.

Stefan-SS

Aug 7, 2019
Sweden
That would be great! (Y) Thank you. Hope all goes well
Hi!

I got a message from my retailer yesterday. Haibike have a long wait for a new frame for my 2018 Fullnine 10.0. They asked me if I would be happy to get a spanking new Fullnine 8.0 from 2019 instead? Looking online I see that it has the same or better components and the same price in Sweden so I agreed to have a new bike to replace my old. I have not heard if that means I will get a new warranty or not on the new bike. I will let you know when the bike arrives...

Cheers!

YouWhy010

Sep 15, 2019
Israel
Hi!

I got a message from my retailer yesterday. Haibike have a long wait for a new frame for my 2018 Fullnine 10.0. They asked me if I would be happy to get a spanking new Fullnine 8.0 from 2019 instead? Looking online I see that it has the same or better components and the same price in Sweden so I agreed to have a new bike to replace my old. I have not heard if that means I will get a new warranty or not on the new bike. I will let you know when the bike arrives...

Cheers!
Great for you Stefan.
As I mentioned in my case they offered a 50% refund what I didn't like financially.
On the other hand I am happy to have my Specialized Levo 2019.

Stefan-SS

Aug 7, 2019
Sweden
Hi there!

The result of my cracked frame arrived yesterday, a spanking new 2019 years bike from Haibike. Apperantly it would have taken too long and cost too much to set their productionline to make a 2018 frame with the old paintscheme.
I am very happy with the warranty and service I got!

Cheers!
IMG_6272.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles