Has anyone bought an Ebike without riding one ?

Crazee horse

Sep 20, 2020
Uk
Yep, fell in love with my electric blue 2019 140 cube stereo pro as soon as I saw her. When I was told she was ex demo with 1k off I had to have her. Never even sat on one before. And I must say that if I knew how much fun id be having I'd have paid full price no question.

IMG_20210117_134301.jpg

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I'm not talking about riding the specific Bike you've bought, but any one ? I'm waiting for my new Bike to turn up and I've never ridden an Ebike at all ! Can you remember what it felt like the 1st time you rode one ? Were you hooked from the off ?
Me. I took a gamble. My bikes prior to ebike are circa 2012, so a few geometry changes too. Picked a frame size based on reach, watched reviews. I'm always value oriented so went for what was supposedly the best value brand here in Aus (bang for buck). I wanted aluminium and thought shimano should be the most reliable motors etc based on their experience.

The first ride was in steep country. Eco came standard in high; I was flying around everywhere and over everything. I was clearing stuff on steep climbs that I never would have got previously. I was very happy and amazed.

Of course I was also surprised to later find out how potentially short lived and troublesome the e side of emtb can be. I had a few issues with speed sensor - me not doing a sufficient job of the magnet on the new rear rotor.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Everyone who’s ever had a go on my ebike has come back grinning , even the die hard I dont need to cheat with one of those until Iam 70 brigade , who incidentally I never really see having any sort of real off-road fun

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire
Forgot to mention ? When i went to the LBS & put a deposit on my Rail 9, my wife decided she wanted an eBike so picked th Rail % which i bought her for Xmas ? I am so jealous has she loves it ?

109FE8CB-A8B3-41C5-A4CD-7C2FB9C2D5A9.jpeg

1E4DA9E0-50C9-4B60-9E88-86E64EC8740A.jpeg

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
Yup 4 years ago, the LEVO had not been out long, I got overtaken by 4 riders at Cannock whilst I was dying on my camber as usual on lung buster, they looked like they were tourists to be honest might have been wearing flip flops, the 2 girl’s anyway.but I knew they were in e bikes, chunky batteries.

I went home fired up google and discovered Specialized made an ebike, ordered it on line, and recover it Wednesday. This forum was just taking off and a short while later I mett Rob and Dom and a whole bunch of guys I still ride with all through this forum, life changing tbh.

I am in bike number 3 now never looked back??

99269F7E-C317-4CCA-A3F8-E9F602BE448E.jpeg

65275678-461C-48D9-BB1B-D377860FE6BD.jpeg

5FB9D1CE-9430-4B51-80E2-93275E94463E.jpeg

bsquared

Feb 17, 2021
Schaumburg, IL
I'll quote DrStupid... same exact experiences...
"One ride in the parking lot and I was sold! (I rode for 30 seconds)

I describe them as superconductors to those who are uninitiated. I've let many folks have a go on mine, and the result is 100% the same everytime... a huge grin when returning. Even those folks who then go on to tell me its cheating, are grinning when the say it. Lol. "

My 13 y-o had a friend over and he asked if he could try - as of then, my son had yet to try it - and the kid came back... "this is the greatest thing ever"...

My son... can I try... Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
i Bought my trek rail 9 without a test ride . From all the positive reviews and trek as a brand I knew it was good , i Think when you’ve been into these sort bikes for a while you know what will work for you and the spec you want A quick spin outside the shop is enough to seal the deal .
not much chance of a test Ride in the recent climate anyway , just finding the bike in stock at the right price locally is an amazing bonus . He who dithers has to wait and pay more

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
I did, I was searching for one but nothing in stock. Came across a 7 month used Rail 7 and pulled the trigger. As a big guy I was concerned about battery life but I don't ride in eMTB or Turbo much at all. Mainly Eco/Tour(eMTB lite) which gives me a good workout and 20-25miles of 3-5k ft of climbing. I Got it to ride socially so I don't hold up groups on climbs. Still ride my regular bike solo 1-2 times a week, but now ride the eMTB 1-4 times a week all depending on work schedule of course. Now I ride 75% of the time with others as opposed to before when I rode solo 98% of the time. eMTB's are just pure fun. You can get as much "effort" as you want out of it....is the work as hard as riding a regular bike...... I'd say no it's just different. It's like training Heavy in the gym versus volume training. You can get the same workload in the end but through different means. On a side note, my other 2 bikes....both coiled (Evil Wreckoning V3/Orbea Rallon) both feel like papaer weights when I ride them now as I'm so used to the weight of the 50+lb Rail.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles