Levo Gen 2 Harness plug

Paul willis

Jun 11, 2020
Wisbech
Brass pins seem to stick in so now power what’s the fix just bought trailwatts battery saver and guy took it of month ago but pin seem to stick in they seem sprung loaded can you lube them

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
No...clean them with contact cleaner assuming it is deposit build up that is making them stick. They could alternatively be bent?

Paul willis

Jun 11, 2020
Wisbech
Sorted now got wd40 on cotton wool bud and worked them in and out with pin and springing in and out fine ,but I think biggest culprit was that the plug was catching on plastic casing and was not locking in place as I could see green lights through the gap but sorted now

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Sorted now got wd40 on cotton wool bud and worked them in and out with pin and springing in and out fine ,but I think biggest culprit was that the plug was catching on plastic casing and was not locking in place as I could see green lights through the gap but sorted now
So you eased them but maybe not cured why they stuck in the first place? Every metal suffers build up of deposits due to contamination...especially softer metals and even more especially those used for electrical connection. The contaminant can simply be oxygen in the air. Contact cleaner dissolves that contamination layer which not only prevents the contact from sticking if it is sprung loaded but also ensures a lower resistance contact to be made. Some contact cleaners have a lubricant as one element of their composition...some do not. The former may be best for a spring loaded contact pin arrangement. Worth giving them a clean I would suggest. I clean my contacts once a quarter.

Paul willis

Jun 11, 2020
Wisbech
I have some electrical contact spray is that the stuff cotton wool bud or just fire it in some of my trouble was plug was catching on case and not allowing it to my square contact hence I could see the green lights once I moved it got positive bond between blue and battery been fine since thanks for we your help

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
it evaporates after a while but it needs a little time to dissolve the deposits on the contacts. Best way is to spray and leave for a few minutes then wipe with a lint free cloth....( not cotton wool).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles