Hard time deciding : merida eone sixty vs canyon spectral

Nopper

Apr 6, 2019
Belgium
Hello,
Trying to decide between a merida eone sixty 900e and a canyon spectral on 8 or 9.

I can get the merida for a great price ( same as the canyon spectral on 8). The bike is at a dealer about 600kms away though, which could cause warranty problems. Merida I believe is a solid choice though. Only weak part is the reverb post.

Then Canyon : is their costumer support realy that bad? If yes, warranty issues could be even worse to deal with compared to merida. Should I go for the 8 or straight for the 9?

melonhead

Feb 9, 2019
Killingworth Australia
I have an eone sixty 900e that I use for downhill, gravity enduro and trail riding, and I reckon it rides almost exactly the same as my 160mm analogue enduro bike, except uphill of course. I have never ridden the Canyon, but can guarantee you wont be disappointed with the Merida. The Fox 36 fork is great, but the magic happens out back with the X2 shock in my opinion. My Reverb has been trouble free for the short time I have had the bike (fingers crossed).

Jan 19, 2019
UK
Another vote for the Merida, I have the Merida eOne Sixty 900e and was considering the spectral 9. What swung it for me was my local bike shop is a Merida dealer and I didn’t hear anything good about Canyons customer service, plus I got to try the Merida before I had to put my hand in my pocket.

I set up my Reverb as cable actuated with the Wolftooth sustain and it’s been no issues.

The DI2 gearing has also been great, it’s always had smooth shifting.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles