Handle Bar change

MartinW148

May 30, 2018
Essex, England
For those of you that have changed your bars, what did you do with the Di2 cable routed through the bars?

The old bars I removed had an indent to cater for this and the new bars haven't. Currently I have taped it the bottom of the bar, but would like to drill the bars to make it internal again, maybe with a rubber grommet to cover the new hole.

Any thoughts??

Thanks
M

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
I ordered the Di2 rubber band things which basically do the same job as tape but look neater.
I have carbon bars so dared not drill them .

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
I’ve just bought some fat bars and tempted to drill them for the assist shift cable. The bars that came on my jam2 are horrific! 0 rise and a shit load of backsweep... what’s all that about?!!

MartinW148

May 30, 2018
Essex, England
I drilled the center hole that gets hidden by the handlebar stem, so no problem with that one. might need some enlarging though.

I was thinking of drilling a hole next to the assistance levers on the underside of bars, trouble is I think it will end up full of crud and water so probably needs a rubber bung or some other way of stopping water and dirt ingress?

MartinW148

May 30, 2018
Essex, England
I’ve just bought some fat bars and tempted to drill them for the assist shift cable. The bars that came on my jam2 are horrific! 0 rise and a shit load of backsweep... what’s all that about?!!
I have replaced with a set of Nukeproof Horizon with a 25mm rise, also narrowed the bars a tiny bit in the process as the old ones always felt a bit wide for me.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Just tape did the job . But not any Duct tape HR race tape ..has been on for 12 months with no sign of wear.

cabbynate

Sep 30, 2019
Las Vegas NV
I got Di2 bars. Only a few manufacturers make them. I went with Pro Tharsis Trail Riser Di2 UD Carbon 800mm/20mm riser bars. Clean look and the cables are protected like the stock setup.

Last edited:

YorkshireDan

Dec 23, 2019
Thorne
I've cable tied mine to the rear brake hose and shortened it to a 400 rather than a 650. No slack in the cable, just a nice loop under the screen so it can be pulled out and the cable isn't under any stress

IMG_3850.JPG

IMG_3846.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles