Haibike stolen from FOD

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
I am actually planning to install an alarm in the garage where i keep bikes. It is getting increasingly popular to steal ebikes, and the people stealing them here in Spain are fairly organized, meaning that they scout them out when you ride and then steal them during the day. It is not random.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Possibly time to invest in DataTag, if that's still a thing?

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
So random, saw a scaghead down fod with a stolen haibike, but it was a different one.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
I wonder if it was secured to anything?
My wife takes the p*ss but I've installed 2 ground anchors and use 6 Sold Secure gold rated heavy chains to secure our bikes to the anchors and each other. I appreciate that these are ultimately defeated, but it wouldn't be quick or quiet. Also our house insurance specifies that Sold Secure gold devices are used.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I wonder if it was secured to anything?
My wife takes the p*ss but I've installed 2 ground anchors and use 6 Sold Secure gold rated heavy chains to secure our bikes to the anchors and each other. I appreciate that these are ultimately defeated, but it wouldn't be quick or quiet. Also our house insurance specifies that Sold Secure gold devices are used.

How about adding an Alarm Mine? This is a small device that fires a 12-bore shotgun cartridge (blank of course - but your choice). The device is triggered by either a trip wire or a wire fastened to a door or gate. The effect of a 12-bore cartridge going off next to you inside a garage is said to be trouser filling! :LOL::poop:

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
I used to use one off these @Steve-sordy for my mx bikes together with a baby monitor there a good combination used together
Also ground anchors and loads of chains and locks.
My thoughts where if it takes me 4 minutes to undo with the keys it’s going to take a thief a lot longer without (hopefully)

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
I hate thieves..argh!! Seeing footage like that makes me mad :censored:
I am lucky to kep mine in my house under the stairs with an anchor and chain, both motorbikes ones from abus. Will get it insured very soon too!

I hope they can get it back.

SquireRides

Sep 4, 2018
UK
Sheds are easy to get in to and, usually being wooden, it's actually quite hard to get them up to a standard the insurers are happy with. The big issue being they will often not consider being anchored to a wooden wall/joist is secure, even if everything is wrapped up in Sold Secure Gold locks.

I'm about to drop a few £££ on a Asgard metal bike locker...

StuR

Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
How about adding an Alarm Mine? This is a small device that fires a 12-bore shotgun cartridge (blank of course - but your choice). The device is triggered by either a trip wire or a wire fastened to a door or gate. The effect of a 12-bore cartridge going off next to you inside a garage is said to be trouser filling! :LOL::poop:
Am i the only one who's disappointed that he didn't crack one off ( the mine that is , just to be clear )

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@StuR I share your disappointment, but in the same way that photos always flatten the steepness of the trail you are on, microphones on video cameras will deaden the sound. Give go clay-pigeon shooting a go if you want to know how loud a shotgun can be. And that will be out in the open with sound deadening surfaces like trees and grass. Just imagine that inside a small space enclosed by hard reflective walls and a concrete floor! :eek:

Ross1137

Sep 8, 2018
Australia
I like that idea... I'd probably not use the blanks though... M

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles