Haibike 2022

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
I’ve not seen a thread on this surprisingly, but I’m loving the look of the latest Haibike releases for 2022! So much so that I’d would be all over either of the below 2 bikes.

However my LBS is stating an August 2022 release…?! That can’t be true can it? Hopefully this isn’t just another flyon launch disaster..

5B312CC6-B3AF-4817-954E-ECBE75CE520A.jpeg

5C75B5C4-3F2D-4A46-8CBB-5CE8E7B6218A.jpeg

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
These bikes are just ugly to me but that is also not to say that I wouldnt consider getting one, the motors and specs are pretty nice and if one of these were available right now I would go right down and buy it. That top tube and even worse the seatstays just look plain wrong to me. I wonder why they put the seatstay pivot in that weird location, I almost cant stand looking at it. As best I can tell they never even brought the 2021s to the US market, so I doubt this would be a contender for me. Between the nduro and the allmountain, I'm not sure which way I lean. I always like more trave in bikes but that nduro is longer than my 29 dh bike, hard to say that I would want something that huge for riding trails.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
These bikes are just ugly to me but that is also not to say that I wouldnt consider getting one, the motors and specs are pretty nice and if one of these were available right now I would go right down and buy it. That top tube and even worse the seatstays just look plain wrong to me. I wonder why they put the seatstay pivot in that weird location, I almost cant stand looking at it. As best I can tell they never even brought the 2021s to the US market, so I doubt this would be a contender for me. Between the nduro and the allmountain, I'm not sure which way I lean. I always like more trave in bikes but that nduro is longer than my 29 dh bike, hard to say that I would want something that huge for riding trails.
They are definitely an acquired taste but I wouldn’t call them repulsive. At least they paint them pretty colours :LOL:

I’ve actually reserved a 2022 mondraker level rr with full ohlins set eup but the 2022 nduro 8 freeride spec crushes the mondraker and comes in at £1600 cheaper!!!! o_O That’s impossible to ignore

A0A0B4B8-434B-45B9-94C4-C697EBC0802E.jpeg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The free ride does look a beast but I would want to know what the seat post insertion is - looking at the design it looks like there might be a limited insertion depth of you want to run a long dropper. The section of sat tube above the top tube is fairly chunky likely to fit in the OEM dropper before the kink

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
The free ride does look a beast but I would want to know what the seat post insertion is - looking at the design it looks like there might be a limited insertion depth of you want to run a long dropper. The section of sat tube above the top tube is fairly chunky likely to fit in the OEM dropper before the kink
For £1600 saving I’d take some saddle smash and give up a bollock :p

pampmyride

Dec 28, 2020
Sussex Massif
A reply from Raleigh/Haibike UK on the Nduro7 2022 - they should be coming through in the next couple of months... Hopefully true & not a cut n paste reply!

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
A reply from Raleigh/Haibike UK on the Nduro7 2022 - they should be coming through in the next couple of months... Hopefully true & not a cut n paste reply!
I’ve heard the same from a LBS, the November 2022 dates banded about are just randomly generated. I did have a Mondraker reserved but have cancelled that due to non removable battery, so it’s a 2 horse race between the Nduro7 and Reign E+0.. safe to say I’m very torn! :unsure:

443A5939-78F7-456E-9781-7215EEB11382.jpeg

D6F70468-65DA-4812-9BF8-E451AF5F9186.jpeg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I’ve heard the same from a LBS, the November 2022 dates banded about are just randomly generated. I did have a Mondraker reserved but have cancelled that due to non removable battery, so it’s a 2 horse race between the Nduro7 and Reign E+0.. safe to say I’m very torn! :unsure:

View attachment 74934

View attachment 74936
Key difference in the real world between the two bikes is you have restricted seat post insertion on the Haibike due to the seat tube design, also meaning the seat tube is taller.

This one factor would steer me to the Giant over the Haibike.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Key difference in the real world between the two bikes is you have restricted seat post insertion on the Haibike due to the seat tube design, also meaning the seat tube is taller.

This one factor would steer me to the Giant over the Haibike.
That’s a colossal price difference just for a bit of seat post insertion depth though.. £1700! The pic seems to show a seat post fully inserted in the Nduro but could be doctored I guess. Still, got them both reserved so it’s whoever calls to come and collect first I guess. My money is on giant winning that one.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Its more the options with seat post length - I suspect the Haibike will be more restrictive, which may or may not be an issued depending on how you fit the bike.

My current bike (Vitus E-Sommett 2018) has the same issue - I love the bike, but it has the same issue as the Haibike and its meant that I have always had to compromise between being able to get the seat slammed and the right riding height when extended and I will never by a bike with has the same compromise again.

TPEHAK

Nov 23, 2020
USA Seattle WA
The bad thing is the rear and the front wheels have different sizes so you can not rotate tires and tubes, you also have to order different sizes for replacement.

I hope they will do both wheels 29" and make 1000Wh battery.

Jay355

Apr 10, 2020
East Anglia
I have the Free-ride 8 on order, have no idea when it will be delivered but am happy to update.

I agree somewhat with TPEHAK, mixed wheel sizes do have there disadvantages but clearly the way things are going. Personally I think it looks great I like the unusual angles. My biggest concern is the weight, I believe the Enduro 7 is 26kg and with the Ohlins suspension it will surely add more weight.

jene

May 12, 2021
Zaragoza
They've made better designs in the new bikes! Mullet is the perfect combination IMO

The main things that make me wonder buying this bike could be that they're pretty long bikes and not sure how they work with this long chain stays on corners and tight curves...

Also the weight could be another point to take into consideration in two ways...One is that despite of mounting 750 battery it could be too much weight for more than +1500m or +40km. The other is that perhaps it's a heavy bike to have fun compared to other brands...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles