Guided Ride, Sherwood Pines Sun 20th Oct

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
See you there

Try not to be so late this demo..?

Are you bringing your roll mat along, so you can show us how to ride Sherwood, 'FoD style', or are you going to smash those huge drops, like the last time, we rode out? ?

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
Top job (y)

However I won't say that, I'm looking forward to seeing them in the flesh.. Perhaps your 'A game' is better suited chap :unsure:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
So the roll call is as follows:
Me
@myapes
@118
@JetSetDemo

Hopefully, I will have my own bike, so I will have no excuses for not even attempting the biggest descent, nor failing twice on the other one. And I almost came a cropper on the third one, just managed to ride it out. The fourth one looks intimidating because you can't see the bottom, and it's all loose gravel, so braking doesn't work much, but as long as you don't lock up or try to steer, it's easy. My grandson first did it when he had just gone 11 on his 26er HT.

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The momentum builds, now we are SIX!

Me
@myapes
@118
@JetSetDemo
@Tunny
@Hinett

For weeks beforehand, the weather forecast for the ride last time was 100% rain But on the day the rain hardly showed itself while we were there! Fingers crossed for a repeat performance. Currently it's a 30% chance of showers in the afternoon. :)

Reactions: 118

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Last months skedaddle was about 16/17 miles and about 1000ft of elevation.

Thanks for the elevation figure @118, I had no idea. Obviously that is not one big hill and then all the way down the other side, but lots and lots of smaller climbs. If you go back to the last rideout at Pines then I posted the max and min elevations.
The distance will depend upon how much sessioning you choose to do. I did just over 17 miles and no sessioning because I was on a borrowed bike that had something wrong with the fork.
There will be something for everyone, but almost no rocks except those put in the Bike Park by the trail builders.

ilsonmd12

Sep 4, 2019
Uk
I was planning on going to Sherwood pines on Sunday anyway. And been talking to 118. And it would be great to meet up and have a ride out. So count me in. See you at 10am by the cafe.

Reactions: 118

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
However, will you remember them for this ride @steve_sordy ..? :unsure:;)
No chance! :(
I freely confess that I am totally crap at remembering names. It is not something I am proud of because deep down it may be because I don't care! :unsure: I really hope it's not that because I try hard to remember names, but give it 30 seconds of thinking about something else, or talking to someone else and it's gone!
It can be really embarrassing. I forgot my new boss's name almost immediately. Bumping into old girlfriends, people at parties, my wife's friends. All of them I really want to remember their names. But all gone after less than 30 seconds. It takes quite a while, for someone's name to embed itself in my longer term memory. I know that my poor memory for names is not just "a man thing" because a mate of mine could remember the name of everybody he had ever been introduced to, ever! Worse than that, he could remember the name of their wife, their boss, their secretary, whatever. It was his thing. I was so envious, he never forgot the name of his boss seconds after being told! But he was totally crap at fixing things, putting up pictures, turning off the water at the mains, putting petrol in the lawnmower without spilling it on the grass. Whatever it was, he could be guaranteed to bollox it up. I had never before met someone so lacking in mechanical sympathy. I guess we are all flawed in some way or other. :eek:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Worse than that, he could remember the name of their wife, their boss, their secretary,

Basically everyone he slept with ...

I think you should avoid any confusion and call everyone STEVE for the day.

I always find nicknames far easier to remember, so you could just assign them at the start. Or write a load of random ones down before hand on stickers and let people choose..

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Basically everyone he slept with ...

I think you should avoid any confusion and call everyone STEVE for the day.

I always find nicknames far easier to remember, so you could just assign them at the start. Or write a load of random ones down before hand on stickers and let people choose..

You mean like Dame Edna Everage does? "Give him the the badge Madge". :ROFLMAO:

Building on that, I could bring some sticky name tags with "bloke 1", "bloke 2" etc

But mostly it is the combo of bike and jacket colour that I remember.

Last edited:

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
I’m not good with names either, but I’m happy to go with guy leading the ride for you and you stick to bloke in the blue shirt for me.

Names are overrated

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You mean like Dame Edna Everage does? "Give him the the badge Madge". :ROFLMAO:

Building on that, I could bring some sticky name tags with "bloke 1", "bloke 2" etc

But mostly it is the combo of bike and jacket colour that I remember.

I think with eight you just have to go Disney ...

Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, and Dopey

Steve can be the Handsome Prince. I suppose you can shorten that to "Prince" "Handsome" or "HP" ..

Snow White can be the backup name for a late arrival ..

First come first served .. grab your name peeps !! :)

@myapes
@118
@JetSetDemo
@Tunny
@Hinett
@jonnie brads
@ilsonmd12

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles