Greetings from Victoria, BC (Canada)!

NewLifeLevo

Sep 23, 2019
Victoria, BC, Canada
Hey, e-bike newbie and feels like when I started with mountain bikes in the mid-80's, the excitement, the technology (I still remember the beginning of suspension), the people (did anyone see Tread?), and yes the FUN! After becoming a roadie for a bit (I hear there's nothing wrong with that), I've been riding off road almost from the beginning - I've owned many from Klein Rascal, the AMP B-3 and B-4, Foes and recently a Niner Jet 9 RDO... all great bikes but nothing like my new 2019 Levo Comp that's done a fabulous job of getting me out riding again, having tons of fun and exercising rather than being a Netflix couch potato. Cheers, Chris

Channing

Oct 7, 2019
Kelowna, Canada
Hi Chris, Cheers from Kelowna! nice to see another person from BC! I just got my first EMTB to get me out exercising & enjoying the great area we live in!

NewLifeLevo

Sep 23, 2019
Victoria, BC, Canada
Hi Channing, Good to hear from a fellow newbie in BC! I'm finding lots of good things to say about riding my Levo as it's quite a different experience. Yes riding Cumberland last weekend was pure enjoyment and hard work too.

tvandall

Mar 24, 2020
Victoria, BC, Canada
Hi Chris that would be great. Haven't run into any other local Levo drivers yet. My buddy in Squamish got me hooked two years ago on my first ride. Rode a dozen or so times since then on his bikes + a new demo and finally pulled the pin this XMAS.

Is there a private message capability on this form. I wanted to exchange numbers without broadcasting? My bike is down waiting for a new freehub that failed. Should be back up sometime next week. I think the dump is still open?

Thanks for the reply. Cheers

NewLifeLevo

Sep 23, 2019
Victoria, BC, Canada
Hi Chris that would be great. Haven't run into any other local Levo drivers yet. My buddy in Squamish got me hooked two years ago on my first ride. Rode a dozen or so times since then on his bikes + a new demo and finally pulled the pin this XMAS.

Is there a private message capability on this form. I wanted to exchange numbers without broadcasting? My bike is down waiting for a new freehub that failed. Should be back up sometime next week. I think the dump is still open?

Thanks for the reply. Cheers
HI Tom, Cool. I was hoping to ride Squamish in April but cancelled my trip. I rode the dump over a week ago was open, I sometimes just ride from here on the trails and roads to get there rather than use the car. Send me a note to: [email protected]
Cheers

Kinger

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hi Channing, Good to hear from a fellow newbie in BC! I'm finding lots of good things to say about riding my Levo as it's quite a different experience. Yes riding Cumberland last weekend was pure enjoyment and hard work too.

Hey there,
Q: if you can spare a moment...

I love our yearly trips over to Cumberland (we’re in Vancouver).
How many EMTBs did you encounter on the Cumberland trail network?
As a new owner of an EMTB, I’m just not sure how prevalent pedal assisted cycling is there, or if it’s “frowned upon” there?
(Since the land agreement prohibits “motorized” vehicles).
Thoughts?

-Kinger
Vancouver

NewLifeLevo

Sep 23, 2019
Victoria, BC, Canada
Hey there,
Q: if you can spare a moment...

I love our yearly trips over to Cumberland (we’re in Vancouver).
How many EMTBs did you encounter on the Cumberland trail network?
As a new owner of an EMTB, I’m just not sure how prevalent pedal assisted cycling is there, or if it’s “frowned upon” there?
(Since the land agreement prohibits “motorized” vehicles).
Thoughts?

-Kinger
Vancouver
Hey Kinger, I've not been up there this year yet, since Covid happened. Last year most acoustic cyclists were accommodating or indifferent to riding my Levo, basically didn't care (except some positive comments on the hills!). Note that it is private land and the land owner does not permit e-bikes, maybe that has changed this year. There was one rider who pointed this out to me and asked have I joined as a supporting trail member - fair enough. There are people with e-bikes riding there and some of the local bike stores sell them. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Chris

Kinger

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hey Kinger, I've not been up there this year yet, since Covid happened. Last year most acoustic cyclists were accommodating or indifferent to riding my Levo, basically didn't care (except some positive comments on the hills!). Note that it is private land and the land owner does not permit e-bikes, maybe that has changed this year. There was one rider who pointed this out to me and asked have I joined as a supporting trail member - fair enough. There are people with e-bikes riding there and some of the local bike stores sell them. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Chris
This does help.
Thanks @NewLifeLevo.

I have my UROC membership + Trail booster all set for this year.
Looking forward to the visit.
Cumberland is pretty special (Trail network / community vibe).

Cheers!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles