Greetings from Scarborough.

Fedaykeen

May 19, 2019
United kingdom of yorkshire
Hello all just joined forums and such a wealth of information im finding is brilliant.
I was a normal mountain bike user untill two years ago and heart attack and two stents, now im proud owner of a cube Hybrid pro on 29inch with bosch cx line performance motor * hardtail* as i tried to start again on my voodoo hoodoo but i could not do it anymore.. well not to my old extent..
Anyhow while i am here i need some advice..
I do not do massive downhills but love to explore woodland rough trails and fire roads.. now im finding the cube to be a bit of pain in my old bottom and am looking at a full suspension ebike...
Anything i should look for in particular * limited budget* was looking at Haibike allmountain ,giant stance or vitus e sommet.. means me selling my cube though as all are 3k+..
Any advice would be great..

sarnie63

Apr 15, 2019
East Yorkshire
Get to a few demo days & try some different bikes out.
Have a look at 2nd hand maybe too, you’ll get a much better spec bike for your money....
I recently bought a 2nd hand Cube stereo (full suspension) & enjoy Dalby Forest more than I ever thought possible!

Fedaykeen

May 19, 2019
Think only place i know that sells E bikes is in york, so will have to pay them a visit..
Lived in scarborough over 30 years and never rode in Dalby... again need to sort that out and have a play.. just spoilt for a lot of nice areas where i live... forget what i have on my doorstep.
Just found out can get a good discount with cycle to work scheme...
Thanks Sarnie for info...

sarnie63

Apr 15, 2019
East Yorkshire
Think only place i know that sells E bikes is in york, so will have to pay them a visit..
Lived in scarborough over 30 years and never rode in Dalby... again need to sort that out and have a play.. just spoilt for a lot of nice areas where i live... forget what i have on my doorstep.
Just found out can get a good discount with cycle to work scheme...
Thanks Sarnie for info...

Join the Dalby Forest
Dalby Forest cycle hub
& Dalby Forest mountain bikers Facebook pages.....
The cycle hub hires out trek power fly full suspension ebikes & Haibikes full suspension too so you can try the trails...
Also various manufacturers run demo days which are advertised on the above Facebook pages.

Fedaykeen

May 19, 2019
Thank you gents..
On cinder track im quite a regular to hayburn wyke pub and ravenscar.. nice sedate ride with lovely views.
May have to look into dalby forest this weekend get my bearings.
Facebook is a no no in our household.. or hatebook etc.. we just dont use it, so sadly kicks those other ideas inot touch for now..
Lots of great content on these forums ill keep looking and gathering intel...Thanks again for replys.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Hey guys I am taking Linda's Skoda in for a service at Des Winks in Eastfield on the A64 on the way into Scarborough next Thursday morning at 8.30am it will take around 3 hours as it is a big service!

I fancy taking my Levo but I don't know the area is there anything I can ride from there does anyone know?

Thanks

Jan 11, 2019
Thirsk
You don't have to go all the way to york for a look, the bike shop at dalby have some in plus their bigger shop is in Pickering you also have Sutton bank bike shop plus an excuse for a ride when you have had a look, i also have a cube reaction hard tail as just getting back into it.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
There are a few ebike retailers around the Moors, Bike Scene Guisborough, Peddler”s Redcar, Northern Cycles Malton, Westbrook’s Stokesley.
Pretty sure Northern have demo ebikes you can take to Dalby. Bike Scene have Levo”s to demo.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles