Greetings From Garden Valley, Idaho

MoWind

Jun 20, 2019
Garden Valley, Idaho
Long-time road and mtn biker, YT Decoy on order, supposed to be about 3 weeks out. My anticipation level is through the roof! As an aside, once I pulled the trigger on the order started learning about the trail restrictions and general hate directed at e-mtn bikes in the U.S. What a bummer, but hey, I'll make it work. Absolutely can't wait!

HikerDave

Feb 9, 2019
Tempe
Long-time road and mtn biker, YT Decoy on order, supposed to be about 3 weeks out. My anticipation level is through the roof! As an aside, once I pulled the trigger on the order started learning about the trail restrictions and general hate directed at e-mtn bikes in the U.S. What a bummer, but hey, I'll make it work. Absolutely can't wait!

It’s been a while since I lived in Idaho, but I’ll bet you can ride all over Hawley Mountain; the road up from the Payette is spectacular. You have miles and miles of Forest Roads plus Deadwood Ridge nearby. Plus many motorcycle and mountain bike shared-use trails in Sun Valley. You’ll never run out of places to ride.

You’re lucky to live in Garden Valley; it’s so beautiful there.

MoWind

Jun 20, 2019
Garden Valley, Idaho
It’s been a while since I lived in Idaho, but I’ll bet you can ride all over Hawley Mountain; the road up from the Payette is spectacular. You have miles and miles of Forest Roads plus Deadwood Ridge nearby. Plus many motorcycle and mountain bike shared-use trails in Sun Valley. You’ll never run out of places to ride.

You’re lucky to live in Garden Valley; it’s so beautiful there.
Believe me, I know how fortunate I am. I can (could) ride out my back door and go for miles and miles and never see or hear another soul (except my Border Collie buddies, they are amazing athletes). I live on the flank of Garden Mountain, it's a bit over a 3k climb from my home. Problem is a couple of Texas billionaire brothers bought all of Potlatch's southern Idaho forestland (172,000 acres!), some of which my property borders, and they are in the process of closing it off completely. They even succeeded in making Idaho's trespass laws much, much harsher two years ago. Potlatch wasn't the best steward of the forestland, but they gave essentially unrestricted access to recreational users. It's breaking my heart...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles