Greetings from California

srileo

Apr 11, 2019
San Francisco, CA, USA
Hello all,
looking to get an eMTB in the next few months. Doing my research. Being a stone's throw away from Specialized's home base, i am leaning towards the Turbo Levo base or Comp. Need advise on wether the extra $1000 is worth it for the comp given that i am a relative n00b to regular MTB.
Also wondering why there are so few american riders on this forum....

Shridhar

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
Welcome!

When i was looking at a Levo i was in your predicament as well. I figured the base model was the best value and didn't need a lot of upgrades to be awesome.

I found you can buy X Fusion Manic dropper post on eBay for pretty cheap. It's my favorite dropper post to date. I have one i'm running on another bike.

I also figured the Rockshox Revelation on the Comp and GX shifters, weren't appealing enough for me to spend $1000 more dollars and i could just upgrade stuff when things broke or wore out.

But I would suggest trying to demo both model bikes and see which one you like best!

Also, since you're new... don't get upgrade-itis... buy a dropper post to up your fun level, but just ride the bike how it is and develop your skills as a rider... better parts will rarely help with that until you become more skilled

srileo

Apr 11, 2019
San Francisco, CA, USA
Welcome!

When i was looking at a Levo i was in your predicament as well. I figured the base model was the best value and didn't need a lot of upgrades to be awesome.

I found you can buy X Fusion Manic dropper post on eBay for pretty cheap. It's my favorite dropper post to date. I have one i'm running on another bike.

I also figured the Rockshox Revelation on the Comp and GX shifters, weren't appealing enough for me to spend $1000 more dollars and i could just upgrade stuff when things broke or wore out.

But I would suggest trying to demo both model bikes and see which one you like best!

Also, since you're new... don't get upgrade-itis... buy a dropper post to up your fun level, but just ride the bike how it is and develop your skills as a rider... better parts will rarely help with that until you become more skilled

dirt huffer,
that is indeed very sound advise and very appreciated. Agree that the base model exceeds my skills at the moment and is a whole lot better than my current MTB.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles