GR9 is there a similar waterproof shoe that’s better for hiking?

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Love this shoe, don’t washer it though, I don’t learn and knackered the laces up, I also washered trail cross mids before and the d30 popped out!

basically, I’ve had the bike on my shoulders hiking steeply up slippy mud, the shoes as I suspected aren’t good for digging in! I tried a few but I’ve wide feet and most like the Moab which are amazing are too narrow the GR9 have speed laces (epic) and can adjust to your feet width also. I see great profile shoes but often there clips which is weird.

Just wondering if anyone’s seen any hike a bike waterproof shoes that have the cross over tongue anywhere

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Love this shoe, don’t washer it though, I don’t learn and knackered the laces up, I also washered trail cross mids before and the d30 popped out!

basically, I’ve had the bike on my shoulders hiking steeply up slippy mud, the shoes as I suspected aren’t good for digging in! I tried a few but I’ve wide feet and most like the Moab which are amazing are too narrow the GR9 have speed laces (epic) and can adjust to your feet width also. I see great profile shoes but often there clips which is weird.

Just wondering if anyone’s seen any hike a bike waterproof shoes that have the cross over tongue anywhere

Most of the MTB shoes I've seen have a flat and low profile tread - as they're designed for grip on pedals. So they're not the best for hiking.

If you want to try some hiking shoes, then from my experience the best grip is in this order:
  1. Adidas Terrex with Stealth rubber <--- best grip
  2. Adidas Terrex with Continental rubber
  3. Salomon with their Contragrip soles
  4. Anything else, mainly using Vibram soles <--- worst grip
But they won't be so good for actual cycling ...

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
nice, ill have a look into those, I’ve seen a few people who wear hiking boots and seem to do fine, but cheaper too

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles