GPS Trackers

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
Spotted this advert for a tracker, on further investigation it has a forty day battery backup once power supply is off, also allows for multiple trackers,£102 for the battery back up tracking chip or £72 for a standard chip,there is £50 annual subscription payable after the first year. Presumably guys could club together buy for their own tracker and just pay one subscription and split the cost, I know there are other trackers on the market just wondered how they compare

natwilaniwartri

Jul 1, 2020
scottish borders
well i cant say on any trackers but i not come across this brand ,so i keep my eye on this ,.......i am waiting on indiegogo campaign on external tracker , and as you said theirs lots out there ,some are old and some start at 200 pounds buy and then extra after year one .............. it would been great if e-bikes had this built into there bike so can be safe on day one ,.........thats why i wanted kiox with the lock ..........so looking forward see other pop on

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
As part of my job I write GPS software for tracking participants on events. I was thinking about adding a tracker inside the frame, and attached to the bike battery for power (via an existing lighting socket etc.)

However, the lighting circuit probably isnt powered when the bike is off, and I'm not sure if the GPS signal will get blocked by the frame. maybe use a small external antenna

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
As part of my job I write GPS software for tracking participants on events. I was thinking about adding a tracker inside the frame, and attached to the bike battery for power (via an existing lighting socket etc.)

However, the lighting circuit probably isnt powered when the bike is off, and I'm not sure if the GPS signal will get blocked by the frame. maybe use a small external antenna
Ye never thought about it needing an antenna, the blurb does says suitable for power tools, plant, boats, and motorbikes, but yes gps can be funny about locking on to a signal

jeroen

Jul 8, 2020
Switzerland
I use a Bad Elf GPS Pro+ ; though that is one for in your pocket, it won't phone home.

That thing is mostly used by aviation fanatics as it locks to anything anywhere you are, but I have it with me for whenever I want to record a track accurately (bluetooth transfer to iphone/android etc, export to KML/etc) and... as a bonus, for the camera minded people, add a Unleashed » foolography to your DSLR and you got GPS locations in your pix without draining your camera battery.

Same trick for using recording for your 'smart' phone: continues GPS drains the battery; but the Bad Elf does ~65 hour datalogging @ 1hz... quite beats out anything else and keeps a proper lock and remember the last location (e.g. when going inside / through a tunnel) for quick locking re-acquire.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles