Gout.

Kiwibloke

Feb 27, 2021
Kent
'Gout is a type of arthritis that causes sudden, severe joint pain'
That's from the NHS web site.
If anyone on here has had Gout they will know where I'm coming from, it is painful, but I have found out what works for me, and it works really well for me, so may help you. First of all what gives me Gout? Shellfish, King Prawns to be exact, I love them but after eating them and about a day or two later it hits me, so painful.
The cure for me is Cherries, normal everyday cherries, one pack of them and it's gone, so there you go, you can thank me later.

Stuckthrottle

Jan 24, 2021
San Diego
Cherry juice works as well or better. I love all the stuff I'm not supposed to ingest that leads to gout. Luckily I don't get it directly when I do eat them. It seems that it has to be a perfect storm of other contributing factors for me to get it, mainly a combination of high stress and poor diet (high purines). That being said colchicine almost immediately cures it.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Wonder if cranberry juice works ? That often helps the ladies with several things which would be potentially similar.

edit : apparently that could cause higher levels of uric acid - which can cause Gout ..... so maybe not :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles