GoPro mount for Smith Mainline?

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Can’t find anything referencing compatibility with this helmet I own so wondering does anyone else know of a mount that would fit? Tried Smith optics support but they literally don’t reply!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Telesin Helmet mount ( mounts to chin bar) on Ebay for about £9. Personally I prefer using a chesty which provides a lower POV and is less likely to do me any damage in a crash especially since I have a sternum pad on my armour. I dont really want a Gopro fixed near my face or neck in a crash!!

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
I had managed to put it under the visor and it worked quite well if you’ve seen the two videos I did, chest is an idea but I’ve heard injuries because of this but granted I’d rather not have the extra weight on my head but I’d only wear the chest with a protector, which I do have but man I’ll bake I think with that also! Chin hmmm, maybe not a bad shout, trouble is the hero 9 is a little heavier than ideal but I imagine you get used to it like most things

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
I just find the higher up the mount is the less sense of speed you get from the video. It's great for following others

Ste.g89

Feb 5, 2021
Manchester
This is how I run mine now on my Troy Lee helmet and kinda have to do it the same on the smith to get the full effect off the 360 camera. So any ideas for on the top mounts would be ideal for me

9235AE57-E24A-4E9B-AC1F-151B6D090B48.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles