GoPro Hero 7 Black

Gofurtherfaster

Oct 10, 2018
The woods
Out of interest, has anyone put their camera inside of a wheel? There have been some awesome videos where cameras were on car wheels and the resultant video is quite unique, are any of these slim enough to mount inside the spokes? Have it rotating and filming to the side, not front..

AlwaysOff

Patreon
Oct 22, 2018
Rame Peninsula, Cornwall
@Gary curious to know how your getting on with all this?

I've messed about with Resolve, probably watched the same tutorials as you on youtube but to be honest I've pretty much given up on it. Its got everything I need and more but for the amount of time I've put in...well lets just say its doing my head in! :LOL:

Also tried Filmora that @Krisj suggested which I really liked, much more my style but for some reason it ran really slow and clunky so I gave up on that as well.

So now I'm playing about with Adobe Premier Rush and really like how its simple enough but gives you lots of control as well. You can't colour correct like Resolve ie it doesn't give you that histogram to set your highlight/shadows but you can correct tint, warmth and saturation etc.

That brings me on to a post I saw of yours a while ago where @Rob Hancill mentioned just to use Gopro Colour and not Flat like the Loam Ranger suggests, have you played about with these yet?
I've only used the gopro once on my bike so far and just not had a chance to mess about with the settings for mtbing.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Gopro has done my head in already

Resolve was impossible for me to understand
Haven't had time to look at Filmora yet

I can't even put a link to the Gopro Quik on this forum for folk to watch
Youtube won't accept my video as I used a track I actually wanted to have in it. (I don't want some spazzy shitty soundtrack)
Instagram will only let me upload 1 min of it (it's 3min long)

Anyone want a Gopro? only thrown at one wall ;)

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
@AlwaysOff r8 dude if you press the what looks like a play button to the bottom left of the preview screen every time you preview a clip it makes it run smooth so easier to edit.
It took me ages to suss it out till Bongofish told me ?
Now it runs cool ?

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
@Gary have faith dude you’ll nail it , got to admit it’s burnt my head out , been out filming got home and had wrong settings, been out another time and had it in time laps so shit loads of photos , went out again and wrong positioning the list goes on and on
The mrs laughs and says why don’t you keep checking your footage when your out , I blame the recreational cigarettes. ?
Keep at it dude I’m waiting to check out your skillz ??

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah. yeah... I know @Krisj . it takes me ages to get my head round new tech these days.... I wonder why ;) and I'm fried from something else just now anyway.
The weather's been absolutely shit here so I wouldn't have been using the Gopro anyway. I'll def get back to it though.
did you manage to view my first vid at all?
The only way I could get the link not to direct to the gopr shop was to stick code HTML around it like this
https://gopro.com/v/MJvZnQDE3edp0
If you copy n paste it into your browser it should take you to the video page at Gopro

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Yeah Gary tried the link and that’s worked now looks a cool place to ride and sweet jumps.
Yeah the weathers been shite here too so not done much ridin hopefully I’ll get out this weekend ??

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I've got a cheap chinese windslayer copy coming this week.
I'll let you know how it is when it arrives.
I emailed Removu about purchasing the grey. I'd honestly rather have wind noise than any of their other coloured gopro cosy hanging off my face. They didn't reply.
Nowhere has the grey but I've seen a few blue and a dead mouse coloured one but for £20+ I want a colour I can actually live with.

Sort of Teal coloured if you can live with that
Removu Wind Jacket For GoPro - Blue | Wex Photo Video

Or the dead mouse one direct from Removu
https://europe.removu.com/removu-wind-jacket-brown,0,74.html
Don't know how legit that site is though it falgs it as unsafe in chrome for me.

Last edited:

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
As my PC won't cope with 2.7k let alone 4 I have trimmed a few sections down with the GoPro app. I'd like to stitch them together for a single YouTube upload, anyone know if this is possible using either the GoPro app or Quik on the phone or is a desktop video editor required?

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
I'm having issues updating software.
When I click update on phone it says not connected to wifi (as it's connected to camera)
I connect to wifi, go back to update and it says lost connection to camera (as I've just connected to wifi)
Any ideas / help appreci

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles