GoPro Chin Mount: Telesin Mount Review

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
MTB action camera mounting position for POV footage is never going to be a subject everyone will agree on. Some will prefer the super smooth footage a gimbal gives. Others will prefer the camera’s own stabilisation and the look of footage shot from a chest mount taking in the riders arms, the bike’s stem, bars and controls. Others might prefer a cleaner helmet visor mounted option.
There are positives and negatives with every mounting position so I’ll not bother boring you to death about them here and just focus on the mounting option this product allows.
In the last year or so a few mtb Youtubers. Notably Scottish MTB trail Vlogger McTrail Rider and our very own Rob (Rob Rides EMTB) have been mounting their GoPros to their full face helmet chin piece.
To do so they have been using the rather crude approach of ziptieing a GoPro extension piece inside the mouth piece of the chin guard so it sits below the riders chin facing the direction...

Continue reading...

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Another great review, Gary. Nice video. I’ve never ridden in the snow, but it looks great fun. You didn’t seem to be battling for grip or, for that matter, bothered by the cold (no gloves)?.
Love Gary’s reviews. Proper honest reviews and real user feedback ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have had to give you a hot because what else to you give a man who rides those trails that hard in highland summer weather with no gloves.

Top review as always

Last edited:

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Good review
question about the product doesn't the mounting system block the airflow in through the chin guard. I'm thinking this might be more noticeable on a enduro lid like the fox proframe where the chin is quite open for all day riding.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Good review
question about the product doesn't the mounting system block the airflow in through the chin guard. I'm thinking this might be more noticeable on a enduro lid like the fox proframe where the chin is quite open for all day riding.
Yes. It keeps your chin warmer in the 300 days a year that you need it ?

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Great footage and great riding. Looks like an excellent solution, though as someone who’s never ridden with an action cam I find the idea of having one dangling off my chin a bit disquieting, even though it is probably no more dangerous in a crash than a gimbal and chest mount. I guess the answer is don’t crash!

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Thanks all.

@Kangr . Air flow through the front (diamond shaped) mesh chin vent of the D2 was never great in the first place. It's honestly not really much worse with the mount attached.
I'm happy to just take the D2 off for any longer climbs. I don't wear a full face at all if not filming or riding uplifted DH on my DH bike.
I'm not really a fan of the new breed of super airflow enduro full face helmets. They've come a long way from the terrible Giro switchblade/Met parachutes of old but i'm still far too (old skool DHer) image concious if i'm honest. ;)

@Stumpy Credit where it's due. Cheers for the heads up on the forum all those months ago. Great little solution.

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
@Stumpy Credit where it's due. Cheers for the heads up on the forum all those months ago. Great little solution.

Thanks for the recognition Gary but more importantly, thanks for doing the review and write up, contributions like yours are greatly appreciated by all - not to mention very helpful!

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
Thanks guys - ordered! when I first saw it I was thinking how it would be quite easy to make my own version, as GoPro mounts are always so expensive - pleasantly surprised to see the price of this though!! cheers

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
@JJLevo19 They're Nukeproof Neutron 25mm rise 31.8 x 780mm bars and Nukeproof Neutron 31.8 x 35mm stem. Cheap and cheerful but solid, well designed and dependable ;)
I don't actually have that bike anymore but my current Ebike has the same model stem and bars but 2019s with all black graphics and 50mm stem length

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles