Good afternoon, anyone know the maximum rider weight for a Focus E-mtb

Pieter

Nov 12, 2018
Netherlands
good afternoon a short question, what is the maximum allowed weight for a Focus Ebike? My weight is 98 kg ex backpack is total 105 can I choose for a Focus? do not know for sure but according to me 120 kg is the max?

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
It's hard to say mate. To be honest, you will be fine and I'm sure there are riders on here who are a similar weight too! A bike is a bike but to be honest, I think the main consideration will be suspension in your case - you may need to upgrade it.

I know GMBN did a video here about how weight can lower your range and the presenter weighed just over 100kg so I think you will be fine mate. :)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
According to the Focus manual page En-10, the max permitted weight of bike and rider is 120kg.

So if your bike weighs 21kg, then your riding weight should not exceed 99kg. Focus explain why they have this limitation: "..this can result in the fracturing or failing of important safety parts (such as the brakes). If this happens while you are riding, it can lead to severe falls - with fatal consequences."

It's up to you what you do with that information.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles