Levo Gen 2 Going Cascade or 210x55

Ddc6284

Oct 30, 2018
Saint Louis MO
Which would make my bike the plush?

Cascade with 210x52.5
Just increasing stroke 55mm

Or cascade and going 210x55

I mainly ride rocky and rooty terrain. Small drops and jumps.

Dhx2 died. Thinking about trying a Dvo Jade X. Just not sure what stroke to get. My weight 188lbs. 160mm Lyrik up front.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Increasing stroke doesn't make it any plusher. You have to adjust the shock or change it. Of course, the longer travel allows you to adjust the sag more.
I have cascade link on my SJ Evo mtb and it works. More travel and progressive curve.

Giustizio

Mar 16, 2021
Italy
Increasing stroke doesn't make it any plusher. You have to adjust the shock or change it. Of course, the longer travel allows you to adjust the sag more.
I have cascade link on my SJ Evo mtb and it works. More travel and progressive curve.

I bought the cascade link for a Stumpjumper Evo 19 as far as I'm concerned it was a disappointment, both with the air shock and ESPECIALLY with the spring, the increase in progressivity is absolutely not enough (98 kg rider)

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I bought the cascade link for a Stumpjumper Evo 19 as far as I'm concerned it was a disappointment, both with the air shock and ESPECIALLY with the spring, the increase in progressivity is absolutely not enough (98 kg rider)
As with air shock you have to increase air pressure, is it that you need harder spring?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Yes - the leverage rate increases so you need to up the spring rate for approiate range. It can be annoying and hard to do if you are on the heavier side of things as the leverage rate gets pretty high (especially with teh Levo).

The CC link changes the leverage rate curve to be more progressive throughout the stroke. Adding stroke gives you more travel, but it's fairly flat at the end of the curve, which means it's not adding any progressivity/ you won't really feel as big of a difference. I am obviously a proponent of the CC links if you like a progressive ride feel, and I do think that these ebikes really benefit from that feel

esku

May 12, 2019
Israel
Go both
Cascade + X2 210X55

thumbnail_IMG_9572.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9573.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9574.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9575.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9586.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9588.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9589.jpg

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
Surely going with the cascade link on an air shock which is also progressive just makes the bike too progressive and harsh!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles